It’s been a while since my last post because I’ve been running around like a maniac these last few weeks. I’ll give a short and sweet engineers version of an update:
Married - Walk down aisle was flawless. Dancing not so flawless.
Honeymoon - Went to Costa Rica. ATV riding, Snorkeling, Zip Lines, Hiking, all good. Change in cabin pressure in plane and getting AT hit with luggage cart, all bad.
In general, I think i’m progressing quite well. I missed three sessions of PT because of the wedding and honeymoon and just got back in with the therapist today. Totally different mentality now that I’ve surpassed 12 weeks. Session consisted of:
- 3 minute Bosu Ball March
- 15 yard Drills - Shuffling, Karaoke, skipping, high skipping, two footed hops (forward and backward)
- Ladder Drills - quick feet in and outs, sideways two footed hops, forward two footed hops
- Standing on Versadisc and sliding foot forward, sideways, and backward on slide board
- 4 way theraband hip exercises on balance pad
- 90 degree jumps and turns on bosu ball
- 30 heel raises with shins on some weird ball thing against wall
For the first time during therapy, I was actually winded. Also for the first time, I feel like I am on my back to normal. The plyos really got the blood flowing and I’m still riding a high of sorts because I can hop, skip, and jump again. My PT also said it shouldn’t be a problem if I start kicking a soccer ball around again. She said since my ROM is completely back I’m not in much danger of re-injurying myself.
That’s all i have for the moment. Hope everyone else is progressing well also.