ATR Blog

January 12, 2009

Woohoo! Erin go bootless!

Filed under: Uncategorized — toddryan @ 9:04 am

Had a followup appointment with the Ortho this past Friday (01/09/09) and received a lot of good news:

1) He said I could stop wearing the walking boot effective immediately.

2) He said I could start light jogging in two weeks (01/23/09)

3) He said I could resume normal activity / working out two weeks after that (02/06/09).

4) No physical therapy required

That was not at all what I expected just 12 weeks after injury and 10 weeks after the surgery! I was hoping that the boot would come off soon, but I certainly didn’t expect to be walking in a full pair of regular shoes that evening.

Other than a little stiffness, the injury has been feeling pretty good. I have a small lump (acorn sized) at the site of the repair, but he said there wasn’t any reason to worry about it as he adds an extra layer when he repairs and it sometimes takes a while to dissipate (if it does at all).

I’m still teaching myself to walk normal and sometimes my knee will buckle when I’m tired, which I assume is due to the weakened muscles in the calf / ankle area. The only movement that feels very uncomfortable is going down steps when the injured foot is supporting my weight as I move my good foot down.

7 Comments »

1. Todd - Nice going! No therapy? I always feel better after my therapy sessions. Try one session and see how it goes. Take the exercises and do them at home.
    Maestro

Comment by maestro — January 12, 2009 @ 11:35 am

2. Hi Todd - well done. Its very exciting to be in two shoes I agree. I just got into two shoes today - what a joy! Now this day is here I can hardly remember those long long days at the start. I just listened to a song ‘i got two shoes for dancing’ as i got into my sneaker. Its great. I am starting hydrotherapy next week and my physio said the only barrier to me exercising now is pain and power but to take it easy. I am still doing physio tho but I am not sure for how much longer.

Comment by aussierules — January 13, 2009 @ 5:36 am

3. Congrats, Todd! Therapy could be useful, as Maestro suggests, but yeah…pretty straight forward stuff as long as you take things easy and listen to your body. Don’t push it too hard, too soon. I don’t plan on doing PT either, this time around. You might want to try stationary bicycling before you start jogging. Helps to strengthen ligaments and muscles in leg. Jogging actually puts lots of strain on the tendon, which is something I know I took for granted before the first and actually…the second rupture. Good luck with the rest of your rehab!

Comment by sfcat — January 22, 2009 @ 7:55 pm

4. For example, it is legal to use different types of images to advertise your business. Therefore, if you want to buy instagram followers uk, you can create an account using an image of a book. If you sell clothes, you can upload pictures of different types of clothing so people can see what you have to offer.

Comment by buy instagram followers uk — September 3, 2020 @ 10:49 am

5. When you join user groups, you can expect to be prompted to give out a little information about yourself. By giving out the required information, you are able to buy tiktok likes or not other members of the group will be interested in being your friend.

Comment by buy tiktok likes — September 3, 2020 @ 10:52 am

6. If you have ever heard of anything about buy tiktok fans for sale, you will find that the majority of the products sold online are the simple ones that will help you relax. If you are looking for something more complicated, you may want to consider purchasing them from a retailer.

Comment by buy tiktok likes — September 3, 2020 @ 10:53 am

7. When you buy Instagram likes australia through Auhive.com you will be able to choose from a lot of different packages. You will be able to choose from many different packages if you are interested in buying more than one picture. You will be able to purchase several different pictures and save money with Auhive.com. by purchasing several pictures from Auhive.com you will be able to save a lot of money.

Comment by buy instagram likes australia — September 3, 2020 @ 10:54 am