Yep, I’ve been to the physio Mon 12th. He checked my foot strength on all planes, down, up side to side then we discussed a regime of stretching prior to strengthening in a few weeks.
Each one of the following sets of exercise once a day, 3 to 5 times holding the position for 30 seconds and only one set of 3-5 per hour…so all in all five hours of something! (Please don’t follow these…see your own physio! That’s me legal disclaimer!!!)
1. Stretching involves standing both feet together two feet away from, and facing the wall. With the legs straight push the hips toward the wall.
2. Same again but instead of the hips, push the knees toward the wall.
3. With a belt looped around the ball of the foot, pull towards my torso while holding my foot steady (I suppose this does a bit of strength)
4. cross my dodgy leg over my good one, grab the foot and twist it so the sole is as far upward facing as possible
5. Same as above but pushing the top of the foot back down to the equine position as far as I can.
So all’s good (touch wood). I get a bit of swelling as the day wears on but keep my foot elevated as much as poss.
Trains…I’m off these now and back into:
Yep back into my car, or should I say a hire car as mine was written off two weeks ago (I was a passenger) in a three car shunt…we were in the middle and got pushed into a flatbed truck! Hmm that’s the 2nd unlucky thing, perhaps I’m wasting my money at the moment doing the lottery?
Anyway the car driving is fine, I had to drive to the midlands Wednesday and all went well….I hang back plenty more yards so I’d have much longer if there was any emergency stops and tend to lift my foot and use the middle a bit more to limit the pressure of leverage to the front of my foot on the brake but the accelerator is no probs. Freedom! er well with crutches in the back for anything more than short distances.
I’m quite enjoying walking my foot right through it’s proper movement and keeping it straight with partial weight using my crutches.
The main thing is that based on everybody’s recommendations on this site I am still taking it plenty easy…paranoia is still the order of the day and I definitely try to listen to what my achilles is telling me.