sweetdreamsnyc’s AchillesBlog

Just another AchillesBlog.com weblog

Non Surgical Recovery-this is hard!

Filed under: Uncategorized — sweetdreamsnyc at 3:17 pm on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hi all :)
Well I tore my achilles July 25 jumping in flip flops or slipping on the carpet(did both that day!)

I went to the doctor a few days later and he diagnosed me with tendinitis and sent me home. A few weeks later it was no better so about a month into the injury we got an MRI and I had a “low grade” tear and a bit of bursitis. He did not recommend surgery.

Surgical supply came over with a boot and gave me no instructions how to use it so of course it HURT, HURT A LOT.

Called the doc and he said well if you cant wear it then don’t but stay pretty much in bed. Which is what I did other then hobble to the bedroom to the kitchen etc I was bedbound.

3-4 weeks after that I was still no better so back to the doc we went..he still doesnt recommend surgery(which is good!) though this time I am in the boot and wearing it(religiously!) much more comfortably then the last time.(also good!)

As of today I have been in the boot 5 weeks and I cant say I have seen any life changing improvements..minimal improvement at best..swelling is down though not gone ..pain wise some days are better then others. Today is a bad one!

My poor good ankle has been taking so much abuse the last 3 months that now it hurts too which makes this nightmare even worse. I have done all I could to try not to strain it too much ..could be strain/soreness or it could be stiffness I dont really know as I havent been able to take a normal step in 3 months..I will definitely discuss with doctor at next appt in 2 weeks

I know I am just going to have to hang in there as surgery is no way an option for me. My luck is bad so complications are almost a given lol. I am too clumsy(very!) for crutches and our bathroom is way too small to accommodate getting in there safely with them anyway.

This injury has crushed my spirits, I dont sleep well and I cry all the time. Before this I was HAPPY, relatively fit and at the gym 4 days a week. Now I am 20lbs(a guess) heavier and none of my clothes fit. My poor husband has to cook, clean, shop, commute and work and deal with a sobbing wife.

Sometimes I think I am resting too much(I am home all day) and not active enough but the doctor says stay off it if it hurts(which it often does) I am so sore from just laying around though that being up now feels better then laying down(uggg)

This injury is so confusing.

I just want to walk again.

Nice to meet you all :)

46 Comments »

Comment by Ron

October 17, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

Hi sweetdreamsnyc,

Norm and Kellygirl are the people to talk to about non-surgical recovery. However, maybe I am wrong, but you should have a cast one right now, not a boot. I’m sure one of them will reply as well.

I would also recommend a knee walker instead of crutches (you can rent them).

Good luck.
Ron

October 17, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Hi Ron,

He didnt cast it. I have no choice but to hope he knows what he is doing at this point :)

Our bathroom wont fit a knee walker either and wheels wouldnt go over the door threshold thingie on the floor in the doorway anyhow.

This apartment couldnt be any less handicapped unfriendly :(

This whole thing is a mess.

Comment by kellygirl

October 17, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

I’m sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I had a full rupture and went into a boot at five weeks (non-surgical.) I didn’t have any discomfort. Are you fitted with wedges and removing them at intervals? It sounds odd that you are having trouble in the boot. If you are walking properly in it–pushing your knee against the front of the boot and walking normally, I would think you would be able to get around all right. Check out Ryanb’s video on walking in the boot–it really helped me.

I would talk to your Dr if you are still having problems. It doesn’t sound like things are going well. You are the patient. He needs to address your needs and not dismiss them by telling you to stay in bed. Just my humble opinion.

October 17, 2013 @ 6:00 pm

Hi Kelly

I am definately not walking in it properly now that you mention it which may be why my other foot and ankle are now so messed up.

There is a 3/4 or 3/8 inch wedge in there and that’s the only one he has ever wanted me to use. My husband called there today but never got a call back. I have an appt in 2 weeks so if we don’t hear from him I’ll be seeing him anyway.

I will go try to find the video now..I am having trouble finding things on this site

Thanks!

October 17, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

The doctor did just call. He doesnt think bedrest is a great idea and thinks I need to get up more.

I think my mental state about this injury is making things progress even more slowly then they would normally.

I knew I wasnt walking correctly in the boot but I am so sad all the time I just hobble in it.

I have never hurt myself before and may have PTSD from it all..geez

Well I found the video and am watching it. Will be careful to walk correctly in the boot until it becomes second nature. Thanks again!

Comment by kellygirl

October 17, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

This is a terrible injury, SDNYC, but it does get better. Walking properly is important but it’s also important to try and even up the good leg so that your hips aren’t at different heights. That can wreak havoc on your back. I wore a heeled shoe on the good foot to make up the differential. Hopefully you can do something similarly. As you get more comfortable with the boot and your gait, it will help to just get out and do some normal things. I even liked going grocery shopping once I got rid of the cast and those wretched crutches. Lots of great info here and support. If you have troubles or need a pep talk, be sure to pipe up! We have all been through this and are happy to help!

Comment by kellygirl

October 17, 2013 @ 6:53 pm

Make sure you are cinched into that boot too. You need it to be secure in order to walk and not jeopardize the healing tendon.

If you can, go to the dashboard and fill out the Profile information so we can see where you are at in your recovery. It makes it easier for your readers.

October 17, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

Kelly

Ha I did notice the boot better be tight or my ankle lets me know it. I will be sure to check it more carefully from now on.

My husband got me one of those evenup things for my gym sneaker so I wear that and am pretty level. A few days ago I was blaming the evenup for my other foots pain ..didn’t even think about hobbling in the boot was a bad thing..duh.

I thought i filled out the dashboard info ..but I guess not lol I will go do that now :)

You have been a huge help already..thanks so much :)

Comment by normofthenorth

October 18, 2013 @ 1:19 am

SFNYC, it’s probably a Good Thing that you have a positive attitude toward your doctor, because in your place, I think I’d scream at him until he had me locked up. The ONLY thing that’s really important when you get an orthotic boot, post-ATR, is making sure it fits perfectly and is adjusted perfectly. Having a surgical supply place drop it off at a patient’s house should trigger a huge medical malpractice suit in the good ol’ super-litigious US of A, IMHO! And a doctor who discovers that it’s just been dropped off and isn’t working, and responds by telling you to stay in bed. . . should probably lose his license to practice, and maybe also his freedom to walk the streets. AAAARGH!!!

If you lived in the middle of the Kalahari desert, I could forgive the local docs for not being up to speed, but BROOKLYN?!?

Unlike Ron’s comment above, most or all of the most successful non-op studies used boots, no casts, so that part is fine. But they all used carefully fitted and adjusted boots, or they wouldn’t have gotten the excellent results they got.

If there’s any way you can present yourself, your leg, and your boot to somebody with some time and expertise and experience who can help you — I bet there are 30 ir 40 experts in Brooklyn, and a few 100 in NYC — that’s what I’d do. It might be another surgeon, or a good Sports-Medicine clinic, or even a good PT at a clinic that specializes in legs. . . but somebody who can give you and your leg First World care.

All the suggestions above might help, but unless you and your hubby can manage your own rehab, I’d say you should find a professional who can. bit.ly/UWOProtocol is a fine road-map for 1st-rate non-operative care, but at this point it will just tell you that you should have been out of the boot 4 weeks ago, and you should be doing aggressive sports-specific exercises by now. Not helpful in your case.

The good news is that even super-slow old-fashioned incompetent non-operative ATR care usually only has a 15-20% re-rupture rate, so you’ve still got a decent chance to escape. But this is NOT the way ATRs should be treated without surgery, and if good care from here on can’t get you back close to 100%, the standard recommendation is surgery — sorry about that, yes I did read what you wrote.

Good luck, but if I were you I wouldn’t rely on luck and the doctor you’ve described above.

I hope I haven’t made you frightened and/or sad, but I think you deserve much better care than you’ve been getting, and I think you should exert some effort to get it.

October 18, 2013 @ 7:54 am

Hi Norm-

Obviously if I could get to Manhattan I would be seeing a top doctor there but with no car subway is our only mode of transportation which I obviously cannot do. A cab back and forth would be way too expensive.

This doctor came highly recommended and I have faith in him..I think my problem is no faith in myself..my husband thinks my mental state is more of a problem ..I am too high anxiety on a good day so this situation has sent me over the edge :( I’m working on it! I keep trying :)

Surprisingly Brooklyn is not filled with top doctors or top physical therapists. In NY if you are top notch you are in Manhattan.

I called numerous physical therapy and sports clinics this morn and no one can see me till next week to make sure the boot is ok so I will see my doctor next week and make sure this is taken care of. Till then I am watching a lot of videos making sure the boot is tightened properly and I’m walking in it as best I can

I really wish I had found this site 2 months ago instead of 2 days ago :)

This post was edited :)

Comment by luluchin

October 18, 2013 @ 11:10 am

New doctor. REALLY. This is a travesty. You should have been fitted properly. I am in the same boat. I have a near total tear way up at 8cm so surgery is not an option. Think of the money you spend on cabs and equipment this way - you are not going to be going out to bars or performances or movies because you can’t. ALL that money can go to ensuring your health - the MOST important factor in happiness and longevity. PLEASE consider another doctor now AND take a cab. I spent $200 in cabs last week. I was very annoyed family members didn’t step up and offer to cart me around as much as they could but you know what, I’m not going to sacrifice my health because they aren’t interested in helping.
As for your apartment - here is what I am doing until I get some equipment - use chairs. You can place things on the chair and then push scoot/hop towards the counter (other leg bent up behind you), table wherever you need to be to use those things. I wear sweatpants with pockets and in those pockets I ALWAYS have my phone, a pen, paper. I am thinking about getting a cross body bag or apron with big pockets. When I need to go out I use a backpack and my crutches (HATE them - my arms are jello already).
DON’T give up hope. Your doctor sucks!! I’ll say it again - he may have come highly recommended but he has abandoned you. He is negligent - no doubt about it.
You have to look at this experience with a different mindset. You are training for a marathon - that marathon being the rest of your life. You are a warrior. Your body and mind matter. So don’t give up on yourself and if others don’t step up and do their job fire their asses and get someone who will. DO NOT TAKE THIS TREATMENT LAYING DOWN. You are worth a full recovery. Own it Lady.

Comment by luluchin

October 18, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Hangar is going to fit my boot on Monday. They have locations all over including Brooklyn. Call them and explain your situation - that the boot was dropped off and you are in incredible pain and your doctor has not been helpful. They took my insurance (GHI) but I had a prescription. You could call your doctor’s office and say you never had a fitting, the thing is killing you and you need a script to be faxed to Hangar ASAP so they can fit you properly. And mention you don’t understand why the doctor didn’t suggest a fitting since that is standard procedure (nicely). Then the fitting will be covered by your insurance (it’s expensive).
Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc.
5308 New Utrecht Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 435-1263

Good luck!!! And good work. (and hey, it’s mostly work)

October 18, 2013 @ 11:38 am

I don’t think I was clear enough..surgical supply did fit me into the boot they didnt just drop it at the door. I do think they coulda spend a bit more time showing me how to use it properly though but it was fitted etc. I don’t remember but it may have been Hangar ..don’t worry I haven’t been totally neglected :)

I honestly think because my mind is in such panic mode I have not been a model patient. I have never hurt myself before and just am not handling it ..not handling it at all…but I am trying to pull it together :)

Lulu - thanks for your suggestions ..you have some good ideas :) I’m very sorry to hear about your tear and I hope you have a very smooth recovery :)

Comment by normofthenorth

October 18, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

SDNYC, it’s good to hear that your boot-fitting was a but better than it first sounded. But if it doesn’t fit, and work, well enough to get you wearing it and moving to FWB and walking “normally”, then it has to be redone and right. If your Doc is the same one who missed your initial diagnosis, I’d still replace him, even if he’s playing nicer now.

I’m sure having me scream “DEAL with it!!” at you won’t help, but you (and Hubby) have the responsibility to ensure that your leg has the best possible chance to recover close to 100%. The alternatives to focusing and coping are unattractive and long-lasting.

Good Luck — but do try to improve your luck!

October 18, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

Norm-

Ha Ha ..I hear you on all counts :)

and you have helped..and so has my mom who I spoke to on the phone today and is insisting I get into Manhattan for at least a consult 2nd opinion with someone… so that is what I will do. Looking for the best of the best now.

thanks so much :)

Comment by Ron

October 18, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

Hi sweetdreamsnyc,

If things do not work out, you can always try a VacoCast or different boot. As for me, if I went Non Op, I would have to have a cast on because I am way too clumsy. LOL.

Good luck, and I’m sure it will work on in the end.
Hope the second opinion yields some good news\results.

Keep us posted.
Ron

October 18, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Thanks Ron

I got some doc recommendations today..spent a good part of the day on the phone and doing research. Will try to make an appt with one on Monday

This has become even harder this past week when my good foot started to hurt (burn/sting) not swollen though ..looks good..feels awful ..I have no choice but to try and hang in there as there will be no changes for the better in the immediate future :(

Thank you I appreciate you posting :)

October 18, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

Actually I was thinking of ordering the vacocast and bring it with me to the doctor next week but it looks a bit complicated with the pump and locking thing etc

Comment by superjewgrl

October 18, 2013 @ 7:30 pm

Hi…. The vacocast isn’t complicated once you get used to it. I can’t recommend it enough. It was the best investment I made for my recovery.

Good luck.

October 18, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

Hi SJG

I was just watching the video for it on you tube..it looks like so many steps to get in there lol but the breg boot I have is crap . Will insurance pay for that I wonder?

Comment by superjewgrl

October 18, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

I watched the video a ton of times and memorized the book they send you. After the first 5+ days, it’s really no problem. As far as your insurance, I was in a weird situation. I used the vacocast when I re-ruptured. I had an aircast provided by my doctor that my insurance covered when I ruptured the first time.

I called my insurance and they said it’s possible they would cover the vacocast if my doctor documented the situation on the claim submission and explained why I needed another. But it’s not guaranteed. They said I could also submit a claim. I didn’t want to ask my doctor to do that. I recommend calling your insurance company.

I had the aircast and re-ruptred in it so there was no way I was going back to it.

Boot comfort and fit IMHO is critical to recovery. I actually had my surgery on the day of your injury.

I feel for you and your situation. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

October 18, 2013 @ 8:46 pm

Hi SJG

Wow I am so sorry you had to go through that twice! How can you rupture in the aircast? I thought the one safe place for the tendon is in these boots/casts ..geeez

I am leading towards ordering the vacocast ..I will call them on Monday with my million questions lol

I’m having trouble still navigating this site ..how do I find your blog and others that have posted me?

Thanks!

October 18, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

I have another question .. mainly for the ladies..but some guys may know too..

how do you handle getting your toes done? Obviously climbing in and out of a pedicure chair is not an option. I cant bend over to cut my nails myself or i will put weird pressure on my foot plus you instinctively pull your toes up and my husband is afraid if he does it he will hurt me.

Any tips? They really need to be cut and polished

Comment by anne

October 18, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

Hi SDNYC…. The wedge in my boot moved under the arch of my foot and my heel went down. It was more painful than the initial injury actually.

I actually got a pedicure in my cast and my boot. When I had it in my cast, she just gave me a toe massage and changed the polish. It was awesome. The toe massage was so good my big toe grew a few hairs. It took a few people to help get me in the chair. I will say, I had to be careful with the position of my foot or it’s a major dorsiflexion stretch that wasn’t too pleasant. The salon is on the first floor of my building which was good because I couldn’t drive for 11 weeks.

Take Care. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

October 19, 2013 @ 12:13 am

Hi Anne

The breg boot has been a hassle since day 1 …it just never feels right..it’s too tight or too loose ..there is no happy medium..I am probably going to order the other one and hope it turns this nightmare around for me

My last pedicure was 2 weeks after the initial injury ..I am in desperate need at this point but I’m afraid to do anything also…I just can’t afford for things to get worse lol

Comment by normofthenorth

October 19, 2013 @ 12:15 am

SDNYC, everybody’s blog has a URL in the form of achillesblog.com/name. The latest blog is on the top of that page, with the previous 3 or 4 underneath, and a link to older ones farther down. Click on a title and you’ll go to the page for that page/post/thread, including the comments/replies.

The only failure mode I know if is that some people use more than one name here — one as their blog-page ID, and another one when they reply to other peoples’ blog posts. (Take Anne and SJG, for example! ;-) )

October 23, 2013 @ 8:40 pm

Hey all
I am wondering if anyone knows what the vacocast setting would be if I am just using the top layer of one of those white wedges in the breg boot now..I think it measures like 3/4 ”

Also would the ankle setting be fixed or on range of motiion? I’ll ask the doc all this tomorrow too but sometimes I think you all know more lol

I didn’t order the vacocast yet because I’m nervous of all these settings I’m unsure of..don’t wanna make anything worse!

I hope everybody is doing good :)

Thanks :)

October 24, 2013 @ 7:58 am

another question- I am guessing I am not the only one stuck sleeping in just one or two comfy positions for weeks on end plus laying around more in general(I used to be so active)..I am finding myself waking up in the middle of the night so stiff. Any tips on this?

October 24, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

Ok so my doc appt went surprisingly well today. He liked what he saw and wants me in the boot another week or so then I can try just a few min a day in regular shoes with heel lifts in them. Also would start physical therapy a week after that.

My question is this..should I get the vacocast at this point or just leave things alone since they are apparently working better then I thought?

Comment by hillie

October 24, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

Hey, I am a Vaco fan and used it from the end of week 2. It is very good and not complicated (and no wedges to slip or be incorrectly installed). However, if you are one week away from starting 2 shoes, are you seriously considering a new $200 boot? Sorry Oped (mfrs of Vaco and great customer if you want to talk to them).

Comment by hillie

October 24, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

I meant customer care, not ‘customer’.

October 24, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

Hi Hillie

I dont know how long it will be until I am in two shoes full time..at first it will just be a few minutes a day…i have no idea how this process goes .

Comment by steve01

October 24, 2013 @ 3:15 pm

regarding sleep, it can be tough for sure. Benadryl might help (but I find it can alternately cause restlessness). My doctor was unwilling to write anything to help me sleep but maybe your will.

October 24, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

Hi Steve

I find benadryl makes me a little hyper.

I didnt ask the doctor for anything ..I figured he would say no anyway. This morning I just had to keep moving the pillows to support different body parts which seemed to help but boy do I miss a good nights sleep lol

Seems the worst in my back and hips.

October 30, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

So we have a nice new vacocast coming in the next few days :)

a bit afraid of changing at this point so if it doesnt feel good I’ll go back into the big black boot…I’m still confused which sole to use and what my wedge setting would be

If anyone has any good tips from going from one boot to the other it would be appreciated :)

November 15, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

Wish I could learn how to use this site lol
Hi all

I am wondering how you weaned off the boot?

It’s been 8 weeks in the boot now and the doc wanted me to start weaning at 6 weeks but I just didn’t feel it was quite ready yet.

I have done about 5 minutes a day in shoes in the house this week about 4 times. No tendon pain while walking or after and no swelling so I assume these are good signs I am very wobbly though and both ankles are a bit stiff. I think the stiffness would go away if i was in shoes more but i don’t want to rush anything.

Should I just start increasing my time in shoes each day? In the house only of course for now any tips would be appreciated…thanks!

Ps. When in shoes I have 3/8 inch heel inserts in them as per,docs instructions . I am fine with that..they make me feel safer lol

Comment by normofthenorth

November 15, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

SDNYC, I and others had a good discussion about this recently, maybe on Ron’s page, and Ron definitely pasted a bunch of it onto a recent page specifically about making the transition to 2 shoes. Probably your handiest source. Maybe Ron will jump in with a link to make it even handier.

November 15, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

Thanks Norm ..I will look for it :)

November 16, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

Question for vacocast wearers :)

I ordered one but it was so late into my recovery I didn’t want to bother learning how to walk in that big sole of theirs when I was doing fine in this giant black Frankenstein boot with just the top layer one of those white styrofoam wedges in there. I am slowly going into shoes with 3/8 inch heel inserts at this point in the house. I would not mind using the vacocast during this time left in the boot but am not sure I am at 5 degrees yet?

To go into the flat sole in the vacocast the setting for the lift should be 5 degrees and under..I’m wondering at what stage of your recovery you went to 5 degrees and the flat sole of the vacocast? How did you know it was time? My doc told me to set it to 10 degrees 2 weeks ago but that sole was just too huge so I stayed in the old boot instead.

Hope this makes sense..I am no athlete like most others on this site . I am just a regular person and not really familiar with much of the lingo here :)

Comment by hopalong

November 16, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

Hi SDNYC
My experience is from non op /VERY slow road! (9 weeks cast, 4 weeks VACOCAST boot - don’t tell Norm!) So different from yours, but for what it’s worth:
The big sole is called the Wedge. Very comfortable. Normally used 10 -30 degrees, but as others and I found, the transition from Wedge to Rocker (rocker is the flat sole)was another of those milestones! The blurb says to use the Rocker from 10-0 degrees. (or 1 - 0 on the settings). I and others found this really difficult and I personally stayed with the wedge until down to 0 and then changed to the flat sole. Had to take it easy for a couple of days, as could really feel the stretch in the tendon/ calf, but after that gammy foot got used to the new settings. The difficulty was not in the soles per say, but with the stretch on the calf-tendon caused by low settings And i suspect that will be different for everyone. B a ttransition has to be made at some point!
You seem set on going for the Vacocast, yet are happy with your current boot. Why do you want to change? ( rhetorical question- as its your choice).
So if you are going to make the switch at this stage, I would suggest getting used to the Vacocast first, at a comfortable setting of 10-30 PF (1 to 3) and use the big wedge sole for 4 days or so and see how you go. (it forces you to walk on the ball of your foot). Then try 5 to 30 degrres settings and try the small sole. (As this sounds like where you are in the other boot)
If your question is what a 3/8 inch heel corresponds to in the boot settings, im not sure, but Perhaps an ATR guru will comment, or you could ask Vacost direct)
Hope that helps
Hoppy

November 17, 2013 @ 8:46 am

Hi hopalong

I am just trying to be as comfortable as possible for what I am hoping is the end of this whole miserable situation.

The way everyone raves about the vacocast and how comfy it is was why I wanted to try it. The boot I am in now, well I am used to it..not happy or comfortable in it but maybe at this point In time it’s just easier

Thanks

Comment by hopalong

November 17, 2013 @ 9:59 am

SDNYC
Understand your dilemma. Sounds like you have both boots.
My suggestion would be to try out the Vacocast for a day or so. If it feels too weird, go back to what you are used to.
Vacocast pretty easy to use and lots of people here to help with settings etc. I wouldn’t worry about trying out something new at this stage, as they are both designed to do the same thing. Protect that new tendon! Also should you want that extra protection further down the road when in 2 shoes, you can strap the boot back on. So time spent now on getting to know the boot won’t be wasted. That all said, i only know the Vacocast and so a tad biased!
Go for it!
Hoppy

November 17, 2013 @ 10:12 am

Hi hop

I do have both boots..insurance paid for the vacocast so it’s not like a huge expense to me if I don’t use it..I’ll stick it in the closet in case I ever need it again(hope not!!) had I had any knowledge at all at the beginning of this horror show I would have started in the vaco at the beginning :)

I see the doc next week so I’ll bring it with me..if he sais I’m ready for 5 degrees then I will wear it..I’m sitting here in shoes now getting ready for my daily walk around the apartment :)

Thanks for your advice..very helpful!

Comment by hopalong

November 17, 2013 @ 11:03 am

Pleasure,
Enjoy the walk!!
Hoppy

November 26, 2013 @ 11:06 am

Can any of the ladies recommend a low back shoe with a solid sole they have liked for this process? I have heel inserts in so I don’t know if actual clogs would work . I was doing so well in sneakers and after my doc visit yesterday the bursa in my heel is really bothering me in shoes and the boot …I don’t wanna ruin the holiday weekend with this so was wondering if anyone had any shoe suggestions?

November 28, 2013 @ 10:43 am

Well I am really surprised there isn’t more shoe talk on here :)

Anyway..I am back in sneakers comfortably..seems whatever was aggravated is much better ..my ankle does seem awfully stiff today though..maybe from too much rest yesterday ..the fun never stops with this injury

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!