OK, I know it’s far too early for me to consider a boot yet but I am after some advice from those of you further down the road than me.
Having read the glowing recommendations and the various studies that have been referred to on here, can any one tell me if they have had problems convincing the NHS to allow them to use a vaco cast boot? My current plan is to buy one (anyone know where from or how much?) and to convive the learned Doctors to let me use it. Another question is which variant of the boot - hinged or normal? Experiences anyone? The final question would be when should I hit them with this?
My foot has been in it’s current cast for 2 days so far and they said it would be 3 weeks. Should I wait until those 3 weeks are up and go straight to the vaco cast boot?
So far I have been very lucky, having almost no pain. In fact my only pain comes from letting my foot swell when I don’t put it up enough - which does happen quite quickly!
Filed under: Uncategorized and