Over a year after my last post, and 1.5 years since the ATR - an update is long due.
I am back to doing everything I used to do - balling, running and snowboarding.
The AT does not bother me at all, no matter what I do.
I haven’t lost a step; speed; jump or have any degradation to my athletic abilities.
What I have lost - is confidence in my body.
As a result, I no longer want to hit the court and compete like I used to, and in general I avoid any team sports (even a 1 on 1).
I know its now a purely psychological issue - and yet - I no longer trust my body to handle and compete without being injured.
It became a chance I am just not willing to take … or maybe its ’cause I am pushing 40?
• My repaired AT is way stronger than my non-operated one
• My athletic abilities are in par what they used to be, pre-injury
• I exercise daily, without any pain or soreness in the AT
• I have no limp or anything visual to remind the ATR, except a barely visible scar
• I avoid any competitive sports involving other players
• I have lost the trust in my body, fearing an injury - if I push it too much