Mar 21 2012

ryanb

Powder Day

Posted at 4:51 pm under Uncategorized

It hasn’t been the best year for snow around here. But we got DUMPED on this weekend:

14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Powder Day”

1. Januson 21 Mar 2012 at 7:23 pm 1

A tease before Spring. I was in Syracuse last winter — we had over 14 feet. My primary winter sport was driving safely. This winter was much more mild. Hope you’re finding a way to enjoy the fresh powder.

2. ryanbon 21 Mar 2012 at 8:31 pm 2

I’m definitely enjoying it (that’s me in the pictures).

:-)

3. Lenion 22 Mar 2012 at 1:14 am 3

Loving the new snow here too! Great pictures :)

4. pablomoseson 22 Mar 2012 at 1:29 am 4

Nice!
    Get a few face shots for me!

5. suthrnmanon 24 Mar 2012 at 6:47 pm 5

Snowbird?

6. ryanbon 26 Mar 2012 at 8:18 am 6

Yep- Snowbird. I’ve got a season pass there.

7. alion 08 Apr 2012 at 3:21 pm 7

Hi Ryan, please could you remind me on your blog where you put the instructions how to download photos? Ive had a look through but can’t locate it at the moment. Hope you are doing well :)

8. ultrarunning316on 08 Apr 2012 at 5:23 pm 8

I know all I have to do is have them on my computer, then click on the media button in the top section and find it in my photos file and after a double click viola, it asks me if I want to insert pic into a post…don’t know if that helps but I haven’t tried to load pics any other way, hope it helps.

9. ryanbon 09 Apr 2012 at 9:50 am 9

Ali:

A quick search, found:
    achillesblog.com/rosethorn/2012/01/14/etiquette-about-surgery-pictures/

Quoting from there:

This is probably not the approved official way to do it, but it’s how I’ve been putting pictures into my blog…

1) Upload the image to you digital library. You can reformat images with html tagging, but it’s actually just easier to format the image (mostly size it) before you upload it. Images 400 pixels wide seem to fit pretty well in the format of this blog.

2) Go to your media library, and “view” the picture you want to use. Click the picture itself- so that you’re looking *only* at the picture. The address bar of your browser should be the address of the picture (probably ending in .jpg).

3) Copy that address. It is the address of the picture you want to include in a post. You can actually do this with the address of any picture on the web.

4) Go to the post you want to put the picture in. Edit it. Choose “html” editing (not visual).

5) Click the “img” tab. This will prompt you for the address of a picture. Paste in the address of the image you’re trying to include. It will prompt you for alternate text- this is optional. I usually ignore it.

That should do it. You can go back to the visual tab to format and tweak the position of the image.

10. alion 09 Apr 2012 at 12:17 pm 10

Cheers guys. I used to be able to do it the way you describe UR316. It stopped working for some reason, then after trying it loads of different ways and various searches - only Ryans method worked in the long run!

11. ultrarunning316on 10 Apr 2012 at 12:50 am 11

I like that in Ryan’s process you can grab pics from the web as well, thanks for that Ryan!

12. mljackson60on 11 Apr 2012 at 8:53 pm 12

great photos!

13. ryanbon 03 May 2012 at 12:30 pm 13

Did you guys see: Terrell Suggs out for the year.

14. DJon 03 May 2012 at 6:05 pm 14

He will be back playing at the end of the season. He will Have surgery and get the best rehab available!
    Why don’t athletes do the non-op route? Duhhh
    I hope he does sit out all year though!
    GO STEELERS!

Btw: went to PT yesterday paying on my own. They did my acl last year. They said non op??? You? ( I USED to play rugby, hike, do Mudd runs , and now work as a security contractor overseas)
    They said uh oh , you should have had surgery. They said be slow and real real careful!
    They made me really question my decision.