14.5 weeks post-op update - still feeling heel pain - birth of a beautiful daughter has kept me busy
June 22, 2009 | |
Just a quick update. I’m about 14.5 weeks post-op and things are improving. I still walk with a limp and seem to get heel pain after walking for about 15 mins. My physiotherapist thinks I need to see a podiatrist to try and get some orthotics fitted into my shoes. She thinks that the pain may be the limiting factor in progress. My typical PT exercises include the following:
1. Stretch of calf muscles (3×30secs)
2. One-leg squats (x40)
3. One-leg squats with back against wall (x35)
4. Standing one-footed on the bed matress (at least 60secs)
5. 2-foot calf raises (x40)
I try and do the the above exercises at least twice a day. In addition to the above I also try and do the following:
1. Stretch hamstrings
2. Strengthen buttock muscles
3. Try and walk on toes for about 20 seconds (x3)
4. 2-foot calf raises using stair.
5. Cross-trainer and stationary bike
I try and do the above atleast once a day, but things have been a bit difficult with regards to doing exercises lately as:
My wife gave birth to a beautiful daughter (our first baby) on Monday 15th April 2009. The last week and a bit has been very exciting and hectic.
Will update the blog when things settle down a bit.
Take care everyone.