Information on Physical Therapy. Get your leg back in shape!
- Achilles Tendon Rupture, Overview of the recovery stages, exercises, physical rehabilitation descriptions and illustrations. by Eric Berkson, MD (Orthopaedic Surgery of Quincy, Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Achilles Tendon Physical Therapy Exercises [videos] (Thanks Johnk!)
- The first 10 weeks of recovery: Tom’s Exercise Guide
- Tom’s excellent Exercise Chart (In either Excel or pdf format.)
- Home Program for Ankle Exercises:
Ankle and Achilles Exercises At Home
- Mitch has written an excellent guide on his page (Thanks Mitch!): Physical Therapy Info
- Dennis’s week 7 Physical Therapy exercise sheet.
- Some tips to beat a swollen Achilles tendon, and the pain that comes with it.
- This should be done only if you are well recovered from Achilles surgery. Be sure to get your doctor’s approval or your physical therapist’s approval before doing the following exercies: Calf Exercises.(Thanks Tom!)
- Water Rehabilitation for Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery:
Water Rehabilitation for Achilles Tendon Rupture and video (Dr. Ross, thanks for finding this)
Some info about Physical Therapy
- Electrical stimualtion addresses inflammation, muscle strength and spasm. (thanks Ross!)
- Ultrasound deals primarily with increasing circulation to the area. (thanks Ross!)