Re-rupture surgery confirmed

I went to a relative in another town and have gotten it examined now in the hospital there. It will be operated sometime next week.

Though I didn’t get any mri’s or such and few answers, they just concluded that this was the best solution. Though the surgery might be more complex in a re-rupture so I can only hope for the best. It feels better now when the decision is made.

8 Comments so far

  1. Stuart on April 5th, 2015

    It is good you did something as I felt you were quite anxious. The set back is in real terms very short compared to the total rehab and I hope you are able to move forward quickly from now.

  2. qoma on April 5th, 2015

    Indeed, I think it’s the right thing ling term and hope the recovery goes as well as my first injury.. The 2 first weeks are the worst but I feel strangely calm and accepting right now and I’m almost looking forward to the rehabilitation for some strange reason. I’m a guy that wants to be in control of everything and probably worry too much when I’m not certain of things..

  3. glenskieus on April 5th, 2015

    Hi Qoma, Maybe you’ve done this before But just reminding you again. Just Baby it in the first 2 weeks and you rip the rewards..(if you can elevate most of the time and use gatorade bottles at night much better).

  4. LindaF on April 5th, 2015

    Indecision and not knowing is always worse. Well at least now you have a definite path forward and know what to expect. Hoping you have a successful
    surgery and back in your road to recovery.

  5. qoma on April 6th, 2015

    Thank you LindaF.

    Glenskieus, what do you mean with using Gatorade bottles? First 2 weeks is rough when being in a cast and everything is a hassle, especially when I live alone. When getting the boot everything gets easier. And of course the need to be very careful all the time.

  6. glenskieus on April 6th, 2015

    I Mean.. Use gatorade bottles to avoid going to the toilet when pee :). Especially on the first few days..:)

  7. cjernigan81 on April 6th, 2015

    You had mentioned that you could still move it in the prior post and it didn’t bother you to do sitting heel lifts. I would consider insisting on an MRI or getting a second opinion before I went through a surgery. Not getting an MRI and getting few answers as you stated, to me, isn’t sufficient enough to confirm that you need a surgery.

  8. qoma on April 6th, 2015

    Cjernigan81, yeah I asked many times and they just said it wasn’t necessary, and it bothers me a bit since I didn’t really get any definite answers about my injury. Though I still think that surgery would be the best solution even if it was a partial tear because of my weird scar tissue or whatever it is and possibility of elongation. I guess they’ll find out when they open me up… The gap I have and that has been there all the time and this scar tissue build makes me think that continuing going non op wouldn’t face better odds really since the first time. When the accident happened I don’t really think I made such a big movement that would tear a properly healed tendon at 12weeks but I guess it’s hard to tell…

Leave a reply

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture.
Anti-Spam Image

Powered by WP Hashcash