purple’s AchillesBlog

Just another AchillesBlog.com weblog

DVT scare

Filed under: Uncategorized — purple at 9:55 am on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hello all,

Well I am experiencing my first actual admission to hospital with a possible DVT. I noticed some new calf pain, tightness above my incision site and increased swelling last night. I thought it might just be due to having my leg down a bit more, but didn’t want to risk it.

Came to emergency and Doctors cannot rule out DVT and so here I am admitted until I can have ultra sound tomorrow and had my first clexane shot (ouch!!).

I wonder what others experiences have been with DVT scares/ diagnosis. I’m only 30 and have been taking asprin so I’m hoping I’m just being silly. Fingers crossed!

Purple

6 Comments »

Comment by superjewgrl

July 29, 2013 @ 2:55 am

Oh gosh…. Sorry. Keep us posted and get well soon.

Comment by purple

July 29, 2013 @ 7:08 am

Thanks superjewgrl,

I had my scan today, they looked over my whole leg and NO clots!!! Phew!!! Very relieved. Felt a bit silly for going to emergency, however I’m glad I know for sure!!

The clexane injections were the worst part, do other people have these as precaution? I only take asprin (I sigh a sound of relief!!)

Purple

Comment by pamg

July 29, 2013 @ 9:04 am

Hi Purple
I was the unfortunate one who did have a DVT, although it was the pulmonary embolism that I noticed first! You were wise to have it checked out.

Comment by purple

July 29, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

Hi PAMG,

Aww you poor thing!! That must have been very scary for you! Ive heard that sometimes signs don’t come until PE has occurred! Glad you are ok, and yes I agree much better to have it checked out.

Purple

Comment by cgdaddy1

August 9, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

I had a DVT. Pain in calf, but then grew larger. I too was admitted to hospital and now minimum 3 months of blood thinners. Mine luckily never grew above my knee, but it’s a scary and dangerous event. Good for you for having it checked out.

Comment by purple

August 11, 2013 @ 8:25 am

Thanks cgd, That must have been scary and awfully painful. I’m glad I got it checked out!!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI