Car accident today

May 21st, 2014

I was in a really bad car accident today first thing in the morning. I was at a complete stop on the freeway when I was rear ended by a man who fell asleep on his way home from working all night. Now, I am also a graveyard worker and I do sympathsies with him because I too have had moments of shutting one eye being wiped out after being up all night. But sadly he hit me going about 40mph and I watched the whole thing as he was coming in fast. But in the split second I had to think, I was able to lift my left foot in the boot up off the floor and pulled it in to me so that when I took the impact my foot was saved and NO harm was caused. I was a mess and am very very sore tonight and know that I will only be worse over the next few days. I just wanted to report the foot is good. My truck on the other hand is not. I am rocking a mini van right now which is very convientent for my knee scooter :-) Yay. The only plus here.

7 Responses to “Car accident today”

1. davidk on May 22, 2014 12:15 am

Well, that must’ve been very scary. I’m glad you’re OK–that’s the big plus here. -David

2. normofthenorth on May 22, 2014 2:01 am

Wow! I hope you don’t have collision effects that distract you too much from the ATR. But a little is OK.

3. tatyana on May 22, 2014 11:34 am

Oh no! It is unbelievable what life keeps throwing on us! Good thinking on the ATR part! Hang in there, after all the trouble, it will definitely start getting better from now. Hope you are not hurt too much.

4. nwebber on May 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks all. Today my arms are the worst of my pain and I assuwhent comes from gripping the steering wheel waiting for the hit. Off to PT today and I will tell them what happened and see what she says about any additional things to do.

5. Kim on May 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Holy cow! I can’t believe you could think and react quickly enough to lift your booted leg! Sorry to hear you’re having to deal with the resulting pain from the accident. Hope it doesn’t last too long. Take care!

6. normofthenorth on May 23, 2014 1:38 am

NW, I must have been thinking about you (instead of watching where I was going!) when I biked into a curb and flew over my bike handlebars this afternoon! Virtually no damage done, remarkably.
    Toronto is undergoing an amazing amount of road work (and condo construction, too!). The only way to get to my fave sailing store is to bike along a high-speed road (Lakeshore Drive) then jump up on a very high curb and bushwhack across a bike trail (OK, I COULD go on the bike trail), then bushwhack across a divider into a parking lot (under construction!) then a bit of bushwhacking to the store. The divider is like the grassy strip between a sidewalk and the street, only the “grass” was all dirt, and so much of it had been washed away by our rainy Spring that the far-side curb was 4-5″ higher than the dirt — and I slammed straight into it and flew. :-(
    I thought I’d lose the skin on my palms, but they’re fine. One thumb bled for a few seconds around the nail from the pressure and is tender now, maybe a new little bruise here and there… All in all, I was very lucky.

7. Nicolle on May 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Norm my friends keep telling my to wrap myself in bubble wrap and stay indoors. Maybe I need to tell you the same thing? Lol. I’m glad you are ok. Not just your ATR but all of you. Be safe out there…