November 19, 2009

November 30, 2009

I lost balance while standing on one foot and landed on the big toe of the operated foot.

Luckily, my doctor was out of the country until the following Monday and the covering doctor assured me that I should just weight and see my surgeon first thing Monday morning.

My doctor did not seem too concerned when I finally got a hold of him on Monday afternoon. We finally met on Tusday 2 pm - 5 days after my fall. The doctor could not tell if I re-ruptured my Achilles or not as I had swelling around my ankle.

Doctor decided that I would need to wait 10 more days before I can see him. At that point he would examine my foot again, and then he might order an MRI to confirm what had happened.

So, I have an appointment on Dec 3 - 14 days from the original fall. I dont know what to do now.

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized. .

2 Comments Add your own

  • 1. maryk  |  November 30th, 2009 at 7:56 pm

    Wishing you luck at your appointment- could turn out to be nothing, right? (fingers crossed!)

  • 2. mshap  |  December 1st, 2009 at 12:13 pm


    Thank you very much for your support!

    I was going to get an MRI today. It turns out that there are MRI machines of different power which in turn changes the quality of the picture. Also, there is an MRI with a die which would inhance the picture as well.

    Since insurance will most likely not approve multiple MRIs, I decided to wait 3 more days and get the ‘correct’ prescription from my surgeon. Not sure if this is the right decision - time will tell.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


November 2009
    Dec »

Most Recent Posts