so soon?

February 23, 2012 |  Tagged , , |

Trainer: Burpees
Me: Really?
Trainer: Did you think you weren’t going to do burpees again?
Me: No, but not this soon.

I did my first burpees this morning 3 sets of 8, along with 3 sets of 20 squats, and 3 sets of push-ups on the bar - that was warm up, by the way. The push-ups actually gave me the hardest time and we had to adjust the bar, though I could have done one legged push-ups.

So I am still progressing and feel like I really am going to see the end. I ran a little more this morning as well. My trainer set up three cones and I ran to one and back, touched the wall and then ran to the next one, etc. I also did that three times.

Comments

44 Comments so far

1. ryanb on February 24, 2012 10:50 am

It’s a long story, but I had to switch to a new therapist back in January.

The first thing my new therapist asked me to do was to see how many single heel raises I could do in 30 seconds: as high and explosively as possible. Then she wanted me to do some zig-zag single leg hopping on the injured leg. I had the same sort of reaction to these requests… “are you nuts?”.

I did them to the best of my ability (OK, I held back a little bit on the heel raises, somewhat hesitant to hit them “explosively”); but it was a kick in the pants I probably needed. It showed me I was ready to do a bit more than I thought. To keep making progress, you’ve always got to be pushing out the bounds of your comfort zone.

2. normofthenorth on February 24, 2012 2:29 pm

True, but it’s also possible to do harm without experiencing much pain or discomfort first!! Diff strokes at diff times, & for diff folks. I like “incrementally aggressive” most of the time…

3. shootingthebreeze on February 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Incrementally aggressive - that kinda works ;)

I’m at the comfort zone stage too so will need to push it a bit when have the chance ….

4. ryanb on February 24, 2012 3:00 pm

I too like incrementally aggressive as a motto-

Norm has a good point of course, regarding doing damage without pain. But, I think it’s more applicable in the early phases. At ~15 weeks, I think you’re body should be pretty good about telling you when you’re doing too much… so long as you don’t do something really crazy ;-)

5. Janus on February 24, 2012 3:03 pm

That seems aggressive to me, too. But you know better where you’re at. And RyanB is correct in saying: “to keep making progress, you’ve always got to be pushing out the bounds of your comfort zone.”

Still, when I start therapy (perhaps two weeks from now), I’m going to be a bit cautious and sneak up on my goals. I see how I feel week 15 — but if I’m not yet doing burpees, I’m fine with that.

All best for you, and congrats on the progress!

6. rosethorn on February 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Incrementally aggressive… That’s pretty much been my approach to life.

7. mljackson60 on February 25, 2012 2:00 pm

I have been fairly cautious. My PT had me do single legged calf raises yesterday for the first time. Major fail on that one so I have a ways to go. My balance wasn’t great before my injuries though.

8. office.com/setup on October 12, 2019 6:21 pm

The article has truly beat my slant. I am going to bookmark your site and keep up checking for flashing new information.

9. office.com/setup on October 12, 2019 6:22 pm

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

10. Sam on November 12, 2019 12:34 am

Students often look for the services that offer all kinds of assignment help online to avoid any knowledge gap in assignments.

11. Assignment Help service on November 26, 2019 2:55 am

Our online Assignment Help Service team of expert professionals and assignment writers possess loads of educational experience and skill in writing assignments and assignment facilitate of all kind. we tend to firmly believe giving the simplest quality service to the students at a reasonable worth. we area unit the simplest at finishing the assignments in time with nice professionalism and accuracy.

12. office.com/setup on November 29, 2019 2:41 am

Office.com/setup consists of powerful application software. These software help users to reduce their work load. If you face any issues with office setup then get in touch with our Expert Technical support team for solutions.

13. norton setup on November 30, 2019 12:35 am

Thank you so much for this wonderful Post and all the best for your future. I hope to see more posts from you. I am satisfied with the arrangement of your post. You are really talented person I have ever seen.

14. Telstra webmail on November 30, 2019 12:37 am

15. office.com/setup on December 7, 2019 2:05 am

I’m extremely pleased to uncover this website. I need to
    thank you for one time, just for this wonderful read!

16. office.com/setup on December 7, 2019 2:06 am

Before Commenting, I wanna say thank you for providing this great information. I feel too good to read it this awesome blog. Keep sharing this type of content.

17. office.com/setup on December 7, 2019 2:07 am

I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to look at new stuff in your website

18. office.com/setup on December 7, 2019 2:07 am

Thanks for all the tips mentioned in this article! it’s always good to read things you have heard before and are implementing, but from a different perspective, always pick up some extra bits of information.

19. Office.com/setup on January 7, 2020 2:24 am

For Downloading, Installing and activating the Office product key, and Get Started by Office setup. For more information please visit our site office.com/setup.

20. Office.com/setup on February 4, 2020 6:49 am

Thank you for sharing this text. i actually am fond of it. please keep sharing the great articles.

21. Webroot Download on February 20, 2020 1:26 am

Webroot Download - Webroot is a cloud-based antivirus software that defends your system from viruses and malware. It protects you during the web surfing sessions by blocking harmful sites.

22. Magellan Roadmate Update on February 20, 2020 1:27 am

The Magellan Roadmate Update can be either free and paid. In order to install the updates, you must have the Content Manager application on your computer system.

23. Garmin Connect Login on February 20, 2020 1:27 am

Garmin Connect Login - This mobile application is your one-stop source for health and fitness data. In order to perform all the functions of the Garmin Connect application, you have to login to your Garmin Connect account.

24. TurboTax Login on February 20, 2020 1:28 am

TurboTax Login - TurboTax offers reliable and hasslefree solutions for computing and filing taxes for American taxpayers. In other words, it is a leading tax preparation software package that simplifies the lengthy and complicated procedures

25. Office 2019 Download on February 20, 2020 1:28 am

Microsoft Office is a family of Softwares that will help you to create, communicate, collaborate, and get your work done. For using this ultimate application you first have to go through the Office 2019 Download process.

26. AOL Mail Login on February 20, 2020 1:28 am

Create an aol mail login account and experience the secure and splendid mail service, aol account also offers aol calendar

27. Kaspersky Sign In on February 20, 2020 1:29 am

Complete the Kaspersky sign in procedure to manage the kaspersky subscription, view the information and statistics of traffic usage

28. Office.com/Setup on February 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Your article is basically sensible and extremely meaningful , the content is incredibly sensible and good.

29. Hot girls number on February 25, 2020 12:52 am

Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. if you are looking for hot & sexy girls number for relationship & love visit hurry up hot girls number.

30. Office.com/setup on March 3, 2020 4:51 am

You will get the best solution for the issues related to your version of
    the Office product. Check out the easy steps for installing, downloading,
    activation and re-installing the Microsoft office.

31. atari breakout on March 5, 2020 1:57 am

I definitely get a fee from each and every part of it. This is a great and informative website. I need to bless your heart .. Thanks

32. Webroot login on March 26, 2020 5:03 am

With Webroot Download on your device, you don’t have to worry about which links are safe during all kinds of online activities be it browsing, shopping or socializing. This antivirus brand also offers complete protection of passwords, logins, credit card information, so that you can safely surf, shop, bank and interact. You can also check out the 70-day, no questions asked money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with the product you have installed. You can start with a FREE trial where you don’t have to pay, check it out and buy after you are 100% satisfied with the results!

33. norton.com/nu16 on March 26, 2020 5:11 am

this is a nice post—In case you are facing any issue with norton.com/nu16 then we recommend you get in touch with Norton Support. A team of technicians is 24/7 available to assist you with your issues.

34. norton.com/nu16 on March 26, 2020 5:24 am

35. norton.com/nu16 on March 26, 2020 5:46 am

36. norton.com/nu16 on March 26, 2020 6:00 am

37. Office.com/setup on April 1, 2020 6:19 am

Thanks for your sharing. Hope you’ll contribute additional quality posts to the current page. Thank you!

38. norton.com/setup on April 1, 2020 11:47 pm

I really like this post Norton is antivirus software that protects your system against malware and other online threats. Just after completing the Norton Account Creation and login procedure, you can access the various Norton products and services.

39. McAfee.com/Activate on April 1, 2020 11:49 pm

Such a beautiful post thanks for sharing-McAfee.com/Activate is a comprehensive, and intelligent cybersecurity suite that safeguards you, your data, identity, privacy and all your devices at all times. It gives you the advantage of protecting all the devices of a household with a single subscription. It seamlessly integrates “antivirus, privacy, and identity” tools and features that are capable to crush the most advanced security threats.

40. norton.com/nu16 on April 1, 2020 11:49 pm

Unique information you provide us thanks for this -norton.com/nu16 When it comes to antivirus and security applications for their computers, many users choose Norton Security. Norton is a well-known security company that has been collaborated by many big brands for more security. You must have seen the name of the Norton offering security to the websites and more.

41. HP Printer Drivers on April 10, 2020 4:17 am

HP Printer Drivers Setup ensures that your Computer is now equipped with the capacity to communicate with your Printer. This process involves downloading the latest version of Drivers as per your Printer’s Model Number. Subsequently, the downloaded software must be installed properly.

42. Webroot Download on April 10, 2020 4:19 am

In this regard, Webroot is one of the most affordable and reliable options. It offers Security Solutions that are capable of dealing with the most stubborn threats. Now, once you have decided to secure your digital life with this laser-sharp tool. Then, you must perform a Setup process that begins with Webroot Download.

43. Webroot Download on April 10, 2020 4:28 am