PT and spinning

February 4, 2012 | |

I had a really good PT session yesterday.  I had a different PT and he really stretched out my Achilles before we began. It made a huge difference.  I tried calf raises for the first time and did fine with them.  I was also able to balance on my bad foot for 30 sec. (with 60 seconds of very wobbly balance.)  We did a number of other stretches as well.

This morning I finally got on the spin bike for the first time since my boot came off.  I have been hesitant but my trainer said to try.  I rode for 25 min. at varying speeds.  It did not bother my foot or ankle.  I decided to try to walk the track after I was done.  I made it half a mile before I had some heel pain so I stopped. We have been working on stairs this week and I have been in the pool a few days.  Someone asked if the fins bothered me.  The first day I had a cramp in my right calf (good leg) but on Friday I was fine. I may go to the therapy pool tomorrow just to sit in the warm water.

It was hard to be on the track and not run but I didn’t try.

Comments

6 Comments so far

1. normofthenorth on February 8, 2012 12:50 pm

Sounds good! If the heel raises were normal full-height ones at 13 weeks post, you’re near the head of the class! Your re-ATR risk should be dropping fast, though a few of us did suffer setbacks — me the first time, maybe 17 weeks post-op — from over-doing. “Go for it, but don’t go nuts” may be a good slogan. ;-)

2. kristin123 on February 15, 2012 8:07 am

I too have found that spinning has been a great recovery exercise. I can go pretty hard without pain. Conversely I still walk with a limp and pain. Decided tht walking is the hardest exercise so far. I am 7 months post op. can’t wait for spring when I can take the bike outside

3. housemusic on February 16, 2012 12:19 am

Spinning classes are on my list of PT approved/safe cardio workouts. The only suggestion was to remain seated during the climbing mode (butt off the seat) and to work up slowly to higher intensity level. I am excited about the classes as this is new for me!
    @kristin123, what does the doctor/PT say about your pain/limping when walking at 7 months post op? Does it happen all the time, or after you get tired?

4. paper help online on August 26, 2019 7:01 am

Paper writing is a daunting task, and it involves multiple technicalities. If you find it too tedious to complete it on time, allow us to ease your burden. We have been providing flawless paper writing help service to hundreds of students in the US. Place your trust in our service, and we won’t let you down.

5. Essay Help UK on September 16, 2019 12:39 am

Unimaginative and intellectually bankrupt ideas should never be accepted. Instead, students should make use of the best essay help, which is Essay Writing Library. This service has reaped and achieved such a status, as they pursue brilliance, have customer-centric elements imbued with their system and are professional in their approach.

6. happy anniversary di and jiju on September 26, 2019 12:24 pm

quotes about anniversary wishes for sister
    happy anniversary to didi and jiju wishes

Name (required)