Swelling

January 13, 2012 | |

It has been two weeks since I went into the boot and onto crutches.  My doctor said 2-3 weeks to FWB.  I may have been a bit overenthusiastic.  My ankle was a bit swollen last night and is again tonight.  I went back to the crutches today.  Yesterday I was stuck at a place where I had to go up some steps.  I don’t know if that was enough to do it or not.  I took my boot off in my office in the afternoon and noticed the swelling and decided to skip the gym. This morning I swam and it looked pretty good after that. I guess this all just takes time.  I have had a little pain after the PT this week but not a lot. I started working on balancing on the bad foot and doing some stretches on the slanted board. I’m still working on the scars too.

Comments

8 Comments so far

1. kathyw on January 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Millie,

I’m sorry for your little setback, and am glad that swimming helped…You are making real progress, and temporarily going back to crutches doesn’t mean otherwise.

How is your gait without the crutches? Is it close to normal? I wonder if some gait imbalance might be a contributing factor for your swelling.

I had my first PT visit this week, and I know that my case is not common, due to my right knee instability, but my PT suggested that I not try walking without crutches until I can do so with bilateral symmetry.

I can do that easily with 2 crutches, and if I am mindful, with 1 crutch. No crutches and I’m all over the place–ankle doing a weird little twist, hip poking out, shoulders jumping up…

2. mljackson60 on January 14, 2012 7:27 pm

My gait varies. It gets better as I walk. I start out a little uneven. Without the boot there is a limp but I haven’t been out of the boot much - mainly at PT and taking a few steps in my bathroom.

Today was better. I swam again this afternoon. I think being in the pool really helps a lot.

3. best iso program on January 7, 2020 5:34 am

4. 8 pool ball on May 23, 2020 3:19 am

Try your best, I believe that with the efforts of the doctors and yourself, it will not be long before you recover completely.

5. Facebook Lite App on June 18, 2020 2:15 am

Swelling occurs whenever the organs, skin, or other parts of your body enlarge. It’s typically the result of inflammation or a buildup of fluid. Swelling can occur internally, or it can affect your outer skin and muscles. A range of conditions can cause swelling.

6. Enterprise Mobility Services on June 24, 2020 12:18 am

Thanks for sharing

7. White Label Trucking App Solution on July 2, 2020 1:05 am

Great information, thanks for sharing it

8. Taxi Dispatch Software on July 23, 2020 4:02 am

Good and useful information!

Name (required)