- Month 1: No walking. Surgery & cast. What worked for me: knee scooter is way better than crutches; also no beer to keep weight down.
- Month 2: Walking with boot. Mild PT (yellow band & 2-leg toe raises). What worked for me: long boot walks, lots of icing, and gym for general leg/core work.
- Month 3: Walking w/o boot. Started full PT (which is great). What worked for me: biking, walks, icing, at-home PT exercises everyday.
- Month 4: we will see
- Exercises: Anyone have some favorite exercises at this point? Two weeks ago it was lunges, which I felt really helped build strength/balance/cardio. This past week it has been toe walks, which was tough at first but I am slowly seeing some progress. Hoping my PT guy will authorize jumping rope soon.
- Mobility: How do you get the full range of motion back and when does this occur? I understand things are going to be tight in the calf-stretch direction, but why am I still limited in the toe-point direction? I guess it’s from all the scar tissue back there? Did anyone do massage/ultrasound/something else outside of their PT to help break down this scar tissue?