It’s been a while since my last post and here I am at 12 weeks post op. Time flies when your summer is really sucking due to unexpected sports injuries.
My recovery continues to go well and so far trouble free. Still going to physio although I have cut down to once a week. I’ve gone a bit beyond the actual exercises they are putting me through, but still feel like I am getting benefit from massage on the scar tissue. Also the time out from work to concentrate fully on the ATR once a week is a bonus.
Here’s a quick rundown of the status:
- Been at 2 shoes since week 6, crutches & boot a distant memory.
- Physio since a week before 2 shoes (13 visits to date), just started wearing normal vs training shoes this week.
- ROM more or less normal, maybe a couple of degrees to go on plantar flexion.
- Walking also basically normal except at the end of a long day. Going down stairs is still a challenge, but improving with some physio exercises directed specifically at this area.
- Strength returning, am doing double leg heel raises and double raise followed by controlled lowering on bad leg only. Single leg heel raise is still a stretch goal, but I feel it’s just around the corner.
- Just got cleared to start back on ellipticals in the gymn and to go back to golf.
- Started driving again with right foot about a week ago (previously using left) and apart from being tiring in traffic its ok.
- I do get some stiffness in the ankle first thing in the morning, but luckily I’ve been able to get into our gymn at work most days and 10 minutes walking on the treadmill cures it.
So all in all things are progressing faster than I’d ever dared to hope.
I continue to be fascinated and inspired by all the stories on the site and am checking the blogs everday. So wish everyone well in their recoveries till next time.