How Did That Happen???
Just another AchillesBlog.com weblog

The Show Must Go on
Posted on June 25th, 2009 at 8:14 am by lopo1969 and

A much anticipated visit from my best mucker and favourite drinking partner  seemed to be scuppered by my temporary handicap.  How could we carouse, rampage, and terrorise south east Hampshire with me in my bath chair, popping codeine like candy?  “Hey no problem” said my irrepressible friend (how blessed I am to have such positive people in my life) “I’ll push you from pub to pub, and you can substitute Stella for codeine”  Problem solved!

Turned out he was the champion of champion chair pushers. We navigated the pot-holed Promenade of Southsea, all the way from Eastney to the Gunwarf.  He even managed a cocky one-handed technique, which I have to say was quite un-nerving, especially at top speed with the wind in my hair.

So Dear Reader, have wheels will travel, and laugh, and booze and enjoy general merriment even with a torn Achilles!  Thank you Richard

Comments so far:

Link Here | June 28, 2009,

Absolutely agree with you, glad you had a fab night!!

A few years ago I had another serious operation and my surgeon (a Scottish man) said, as soon as you get home get your friends round, get them to take you out, have a drink (or two). I did all of those and was ready to go out again when my local GP called at the house to see me, I said can’t stop going out for a pub lunch, OK he said no need to check on you again then.

So keep enjoying yourself, laughter is the best medicine.

Annie

Comment by annieh

Link Here | June 29, 2009,

Hey Annie, thanks for the comments. Your contribution to this site and others, is really uplifting. It is quite inspiring to a relative newbie!

Thanks again, and happy healing Louise xx

Comment by lopo1969 |

Link Here | June 29, 2009,

Hello Louise,
Just get fat and enjoy it as much as you can - you’ll soon be up and about and then you can start exercising and doing all the hard work - a glass of wine in the garden listening to the Tennis will do you more good than farting about trying to do sit ups and bicep curls - leave all that to the keep fit fanatics and you concentrate on drinking your way through it !!

I’m always available for poor advice so don’t hesitate to ask!!

Richard

Comment by Richard |

Link Here | June 30, 2009,

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the post it did make me giggle. as much as I would love to indulge myself, I’m the wrong side of 35 and I know how difficult the extra pounds will be to get off when I’m up and about. Plus I can’t afford a whole new wardobe of plus size clothes, so rabbit food, and water for me until I can walk again.
Thanks again for reading, everyones comments mean a lot

Louise

Comment by Louise

Link Here | June 30, 2009,

Hi Louise,

Richard is absolutely right, 1 year down the line is time to eat rabbit food, enjoy your time now and indulge. On my first walk out alone after my cast was removed I went straight to the cake shop!!! I have to admit I am paying a ‘heavy’ price for it now but I thoroughly enjoyed my cakes.

I spent this time last year with laptop on knee, either watching tennis or blogging, as well as working of course. Let people pamper you for a while you will need it.

Annie

Comment by annieh

Link Here | June 30, 2009,

Whoops can’t see what I;m writing….will try again.

Comment by sam66

Link Here | June 30, 2009,

Sounds like a great time - as soon as I’m done and have wheels must do the same!
Being over 40 I’m worried about the weight issue myself, but guess it’s inevitable and don’t want to make life even more boring…

Comment by sam66

RSS feed for comments on this post.
TrackBack URI

Share your thoughts

(required)

(required)

Sign up at Gravatar.com to personalize your comments!