Yesterday was my first post visit to the doc.  13 days after surgery I went back in to get the surgical splint removed and have staples taken out.  According to all the signs I’m healing up nicely.  I’ve added pics of the incision site with and without staples so any newcomers can get a look at what’s in store.  Getting the staples out was easy and just felt like a few pinches so don’t be scared.  It looks far worse than it really is.  I’m actually glad that the surgeon cut further to the inside of my leg rather than straight down the back like I’ve seen in many other blogs around here.

So I’m now in a plaster cast which will be removed next week.  The doc said that I’m recovering quickly enough to possibly get me into a walking boot with partial weight bearing at that time.  Hopefully we don’t move too fast to get me PWB after just 3 weeks.

I also returned to work yesterday and as I’ve been sitting with my foot down on the floor more often I’ve noticed some purple toes telling me the circulation still isn’t great.  Spending a few minutes wiggling my toes and flexing my foot and calf while rubbing the areas of my leg I can get to all seem to help.  It seems that once the blood get flowing again everything is ok for a while.

2 week post op (staples in)
2 week post op (staples in)
2 week post op (staples out)

2 week post op (staples out)

7 Responses to “2 week post op”
  1. normofthenorth says:

Where are the pics, lonestar?

2. lonestar says:

Thanks for pointing that out norm. Not sure what happened. I will figure that out after work today.

3. kimjax says:

Lonestar, I still have discoloration when leaving my foot down at 8 weeks postop. Nothing like the early days - but it takes a while to get things working well again. Once you start weight bearing, the pumps go back to work. I can now leave my foot down for hours without pain and discomfort - but elevation still feels good.

Those staples sure look neat and tidy compared to stitches! Looks like you’re healing well.

4. Borse Gucci 2012 says:

Benvenuti nel nostro Louis Vuitton Borse 2012 sito ufficiale. Come noto, Louis Vuitton Borse sono molto popolari per il design di moda e squisita fattura. Scopri la nuova collezione di Louis Vuitton Borse esclusivamente disponibili qui.Dal nostro Louis Vuitton Italia online, vi offriamo collezione perfetta con la qualità affidabile e il prezzo a buon mercato, e si può anche godere del miglior servizio, vi preghiamo di prestare attenzione ai nostri Louis Vuitton online. Louis Vuitton 2012, la scelta migliore per voi, fino al 70% disconto,100% spedizione gratuita!

5. Borse Gucci says:

Borse Gucci 2012 un nome ben noto a tutti gli europei. Negozio Borsa di Gucci spedizione gratuita.Grande abbastanza da contenere tutti gli elementi essenziali,ma abbastanza piccolo per dare glamour a ogni occasione Gucci Borse- che si tratti di giorno o di sera Sia che preferiate elegante o casual,si può avere lo stile e la scelta dei colori nel nostro Gucci Sito Ufficiale web per creare il proprio look,in qualsiasi occasione.Benvenuto al Borse Gucci Outlet! Garantiamo qualità di 100%,almeno il 68% di sconto, rapidità di consegna e spedizione gratuita.

6. diesel clothing says:

he cheapest moncler jackets tends the

7. qingks says:

Error: Please enter the correct anti-spam word. Press the back button and try again.