Fourth Time Round

January 2nd, 2014

I had my fourth surgery on Monday. Yikes! There was an infection that simply would not go away. It was mostly caused by permanent stitches that were used during the second surgery to repair a second rupture. Even though my surgeon took most of the permanent stitches out in the third surgery (my body was rejecting them), he had to leave three in to keep everything together. I am hoping this is the last of the surgeries and that complete recovery will now follow. The best part is that I can still walk - no crutches, no cast.  I also had a fabulous surgeon and team of nurses paving the way. Happy 2014 - here’s to healing us all.

6 Responses to “Fourth Time Round”

1. normofthenorth on January 2, 2014 2:02 pm

4 was a charm for GerryR, and it should fix you too — especially if they did remove all the stitches. We’ve had maybe 5 bloggers here (in the ~4 yrs I’ve been here) with rejected or bubbling-up internal sutures. Seems like a lot for a weird “outlier” complication. Most of Gerry’s surgeons thought it was impossible.

2. lizzie on January 2, 2014 2:14 pm

Thank-you for the words of encouragement, Norm. I think number 4 should just about do it. I felt like my body was trying to get rid of something and needed the help of surgery. It is good to know that others have had similar experiences and that there are success stories out there. So, eighteen months later I am well on the road to recovery :)

3. loumar747 on January 2, 2014 7:46 pm

Wow Lizzie - congrats to you on your positive attitude. With an attitude like yours, you’re a winner! Happy healing.

4. otterwoman on January 2, 2014 9:36 pm

Happy healing. Wonderful to hear the acceptance of what is!

5. doryt on January 5, 2014 11:34 pm

I am 26 months now and also had infection and wound issues. 2nd surgery at 14 months to remove fiber wire sutures and 2 large knots of sutures that my surgeon tucked inside the graft jacket. After the surgery I felt so much more flexible. Wish you well and hope this is last surgery is it for you!

6. Ron on January 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Lizzie,

2014 is going to be a great year for you, I feel it. Good luck and hopefully, you will be 100% recovered by the end of the year.

Happy New Year, too, and good luck!
    Ron