Casting Calls in Pink and Black

20120427-165523.jpg

I winced like a whiny bugger as if a wasp’s stinger was impaled under my skin when Mike pulled out the first few sutures. He and Dr. Ptaszek, my ortho through the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, had declared that my leg looked good; that the healing from the surgical procedure had closed the wound nicely. It seems though that a second look at the “Wild Weasel” itself via doppler was unnecessary. Amy Jo is rather confident about her work. My confidence is in the Lord. She is a rather enjoyable doctor.

My rehab will consist of two days per week for two months PWB , “Partial Weight Bearing” at 100%. I’m still advised to “go easy” in terms of my range of motion. So before I return in two weeks for a check-up on my well-casted leg, I need to decide on which rehabilitation services to employ.

If I had to announce a casting call for the “Wild Weasel,” I guess I would choose someone who was confident enough to wear a pink and black cast. Yes I said it: “A pink and black cast.” Black because it looks rather sleek on my leg like a black leather boot; and pink because it’s the “new black.” Plus, my only niece had surgery on both of her feet in order to promote proper development in her tender soles prior to her third birthday. She soldiered through with two pink casts on both feet (of course). So the pink is for her. She turns four next week.

So a medley of Harley Davidson and Victoria’s Secret seems “manly” enough for me. Think Pink Panther in black leather eating up highway on a Black Iron 883. Yeah. Then hum the theme music.

7 Responses to “Casting Calls in Pink and Black”

1. Janus on April 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Entertaining your niece is a worthwhile consideration. My seven-year old niece and my even two younger nephews were very supportive (and did try to be helpful) when I was visiting them wearing the cast & then the boot.

All best, and glad you’re finding ways to enjoy what can enjoyed about this episode in your life.

2. laughitupfuzzball on May 1, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks Janus! I am trying to have a little fun with having a serious injury. However, I understand that for many it’s no sitcom. Yet I hope that my posts can be both encouraging and humorous all the while showing empathy and humility. I appreciate your comment. Here’s a link that you’d enjoy and maybe your nieces will learn to hum along.

3. kimjax on May 8, 2012 8:49 am

Love your offlist blog and the Francis Chan spot. My hubby will laugh at your pink and black cast! Keep the faith and praying for your work in Chicago - hoping your healing comes fast!

4. laughitupfuzzball on May 8, 2012 4:28 pm

Glad that you have enjoyed the off-site blog kimjax!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

5. gntwagner on June 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Where’s the Francis Chan spot? I’ve recently “discovered” him & have appreciated what he has to say. Your journey thru this time has been a joy to read. Keep up that humor!

6. kimjax on June 28, 2012 3:34 pm

gntwagner - google francis chan “balance beam” - it’s hilarious - and kind of sad, too. I love his work against human trafficking. Read his book, “Crazy Love,” and “Forgotten God.” Both terrific. If you like him, you’ll like David Platt, too.

7. laughitupfuzzball on June 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry That I haven’t posted in a while. I’m glad that you’ve enjoyed the posts and that they were both helpful and humorous. I’m actually powering through physical therapy and currently walking without the boot. It’s hard work, but I thank the Father who has been good strengthening me to reach major milestones in my recovery. I also thank my wife, my parents, my PT John and the staff at Athletico in Bucktown, Dr. Ptaszek at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute and her staff, and all those who’ve prayed for me and who’ve been in my corner. One of the best parts of recovery is the ideal situation to never do it alone. Partnership in any recovery is necessary. Hope you all are encouraged in yours.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind

About Me
    Born in Birmingham; born again in '84; raised in Detroit; live in Chicago. I currently work as a teacher's assistant at a therapeutic day school. My wife and I have lived in Chicago nearly nine years, and we have grown to love it. We are involved in ministry at our local church and lead a small group in our home. Discipleship has become important to us, and the relationships we've developed here have also helped to grow us spiritually in the Lord.
    What I'm Doing...

Posting tweet...

Powered by Twitter Tools.