The Surgery

June 12, 2014 | |

This is what happens while I’m knocked out. If this makes you squirm then I advise never to google “achilles tendon surgery images” Made me weak in my one good leg.

Comments

8 Comments so far

1. ATRbuff on June 13, 2014 7:57 am

The squeamish among you should google ‘achilles tendon rupture conservative or non-operative or non-surgical’. And yours was only a graphics image, you could have posted a link to atr surgery videos…

2. Ali39 on June 13, 2014 9:15 am

Many folks have posted videos on here, sometimes videos/photos of their own surgery. The aim of the blog is to support each other in recovery, I wish you happy healing :)

3. Stuart on June 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I must admit to a fascintation with the ‘gore’ and am not even squeamish when it comes to my own body. I have been to untold post mortems and even assisted. The human body is truly amazing. Watching ortho surgeons at work is a bit like watching a carpenter sometimes. Any wonder we are a bit sore after they finish with us. I hope your surgery went well and you are not suffering greatly. At least now you are moving forward and can put the rest behind. My scar by the way was on the side instead of the back of the tendon which means it rubs less on the heel of my shoes. Any predictions for the Bledisloe this year? When was the last time Australia held it?

4. atrbuff on June 15, 2014 3:17 am

Hi Ali

My post was simply meant to remind that there is an alternative treatment to surgery and its associated blood and gore, pain, and, admittedly quite rare, infection. Non-surgical treatment is proving increasing popular amongst specialists and their patients.

Unfortunately this rehabilitation doesn’t photograph or film well.

5. kylie on June 15, 2014 5:17 am

I’m doing really well aside from the boredom and frustration from relying on everyone. Forward thinking is where I’m at for sure. My cut is on the side too so I’m hoping that helps when it’s time to go back into shoes. As for the rugby, well any All Black fan will always tip the Kiwis especially when we live in Ozzie. That cup hasn’t been in the Wallaby’s camp since 2003 but whose bragging :)
    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

6. Ali39 on June 15, 2014 9:54 am

atrbuff - Yeah I know. All the very best to you. Ali :)

7. Assignment Help on December 29, 2018 8:16 am

Thanks for this informative content. It’s really good. Actually, I want to share some thoughts and reviews about an assignment help company in Australia and the brand name is SAMPLE ASSIGNMENT. Here

8. nursing assignment help on April 17, 2019 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing the valuable information. In continuation of your excellent web post, I want to tell about a website (My Assignment Services) that provides assignment help services to students at cost effective prices. Whatever be your assignment, essay, reports, dissertation, their experts are sources of every problem that comes your way. They are not just limited to a single domain, instead they will guide you in every assignment related to nursing assignment help, management, engineering, nursing, law, and much more.
    My Assignment Services has been consistently delivering and fulfilling the demand of assignment across the world with their assignment help melbourne, Australia, UK, Malaysia, USA, Russia, Canada, UAE, South Africa, Vietnam, Singapore, etc. Whenever it comes to quality assignment help services at affordable prices with satisfied customer satisfaction rating, My Assignment Services would be a good name to call.

Name (required)