Jun 07 2012

Quick update and temporary goodbye.

Published by jenniferanderson at 9:17 pm under Uncategorized

Update: Walking is slowly improving but the tendon still feels really tight. I started a cardio kickboxing class, in the pool, this week. It feels really great to be active again and get my heart rate up there. I almost forgot how it feels to have sore muscles! I have noticed that I have greater ROM in my ankle since starting this class and that obviously makes me very happy.
Temporary goodbye : we are leaving on a 10 day camping trip tomorrow so I probably won’t be able to log in as much as I currently do. I will miss you all. It’s been a busy week though and I can’t wait to sit and relax. I spent the entire day packing and at one point the husband person said to me “well, at least you only had to pack half your shoes”. Haha. Make fun of the gimpy girl in the boot. (And yes Starshep, they are all 5″ stilletos. ;-)

6 Responses to “Quick update and temporary goodbye.”

1. kimjaxon 08 Jun 2012 at 3:15 pm

Jennifer - 5″ stilletos on a camping trip is pure “diva.” Too funny! Have fun, and hopefully I’ll be walking by the time you’re back. :)

2. starshepon 08 Jun 2012 at 3:27 pm

See kimjax, at least Jennifer was nice enough to lie to me. :P

3. Doryton 09 Jun 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hi Jennifer Looks like you are progressing well in your timeline. You will get your leg strength back, being fit post injury sure is a bonus. Cant recall the day I was finally able to put my pants on without sitting down. I am doing one legged deadlifts and burpee broad jumps & just about everything else ag XFIT. I miss being fast but I am not dead last. Happy Camping!

4. marklewis67on 10 Jun 2012 at 9:35 pm

hey Jennifer

Have fun on camping trip .. Will be good to get away … Glad the walking is progressing & I’m assuming the tightness in the tendon is very normal … walking, getting cardio in, being active .. all sounds great .. cant wait to start achieving those goals also .. keep it up .. Mark

5. chrissy57on 17 Jun 2012 at 10:40 pm

Hey Jennifer,
    I’m new and just waiting on an email to start my blog. I love how positive you are as you improve!! I just starting walking with no crutches a couple of days ago, its a bit of a gimped walk…I still have 2 pads in my boot..but its still a walk!!! Have fun camping!

6. jenniferandersonon 19 Jun 2012 at 8:59 pm

Thanks everyone! Had a great camping trip but I’m glad to be home. I’ll post an update about my progress tomorrow. For now I’ll just say that walking through the sand dunes of Morro Bay has been my biggest challenge so far, and man is my boot dirty! :-D

Chrissy-welcome to the club! I look forward to reading your blog!