Apr 28 2012

This boot was made for walking!

Published by jenniferanderson at 12:45 pm under Uncategorized

I did it, I did it!!!! Went to one crutch yesterday and today I gathered up all my courage and walked across the living room WITH NO CRUTCHES! My husband followed me watching nervously and I felt like a toddler taking her first steps. Oh, I’m so happy!! I can’t even sit still and write a proper entry. I must walk!!

12 Responses to “This boot was made for walking!”

1. Xpf72qon 28 Apr 2012 at 12:51 pm

Really joyous entry so happy for you! Smile was my anti spam word lol keep at it!

2. jenniferandersonon 29 Apr 2012 at 1:10 am

I LOVE that smile was your anti spam word. I have been walking all over today! My son ( 10 years old) said, “mom..it’s like you’re a regular person again”. Smile, smile, smile!!

3. jimminycon 29 Apr 2012 at 3:55 am

Good work Jennifer!! Great to read the good news, getting rid of the crutches is a great feeling, you get your hands back.

4. sharono'connoron 29 Apr 2012 at 8:39 am

Well don Jennifer,

U’re so right, it is the best feeling, the little victories. ( brings out the child in us)

I too have a big day tomorrow, hopefully going into 2 shoes after 4 wks in the boot and 8 in the cast’

Speedy recovery to everyone

Sharon (Ireland)

5. doryton 29 Apr 2012 at 1:09 pm

Happy feet! Great yo hear about your progress.

6. ericbabulaon 30 Apr 2012 at 9:19 am

Great to hear, Jennifer! Isn’t it exciting to get rid of those stoopid crutches?! Now, you can carry stuff again! And, even better things are to come. With PT, before you know it, you’ll be in 2 shoes!! Another wonderful feeling!

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

7. jenniferandersonon 30 Apr 2012 at 9:48 am

Thanks for sharing my happiness everyone.
    Sharon-good luck with your appt. today!

8. Mitchon 30 Apr 2012 at 1:20 pm

Congrats Jennifer,
    I too have put down my crutches for the first time yesterday!!! It feels really good & I am up & walking around today at the office. Now its time to set the goal for time into walking shoes once again!
    Good Luck….

9. Mitchon 30 Apr 2012 at 1:24 pm

@ Sharono

How is the swelling in your ankle? I was wondering how long it will take before getting into shoes myself but will have to ask on my 1st PT visit this week.

10. smanuel23on 30 Apr 2012 at 6:22 pm

CONGRATS!!

11. Cindyon 01 May 2012 at 11:03 am

Congrats Jennifer!
    I know exactly how you feel - I had been using one crutch only and then when you can finally walk with no crutches, it is an amazing feeling. I just got back from the doctor today & he said I can walk around the house in 2 shoes!!!!! It feels really weird, but I can do it! So happy!

12. c17loadmasteron 01 May 2012 at 7:42 pm

Congratulations!! I got my boot off the other day and have been doing a little bit of walking without the boot. I know I shouldn’t but it felt it really good to take a few steps. I do use the boot if I leave house per the doctors orders. I wish you the best of luck!!