Janet’s AchillesBlog

Just another AchillesBlog.com weblog

TWO SHOES!!!!!

Filed under: Uncategorized — janet at 9:24 am on Friday, March 18, 2011

Quote of the Day:

lots of people limit their possibilities by giving up easily…never tell yourself this is too much for me. it’s no use. i can’t go on. if you do you’re licked, and by your own thinking too…keep believing and keep on keeping on…..norman vincent peale

Just had to share the exciting news with everyone…I’m in two shoes and no crutches. I walk very slow but I’m walking. I went up and down my stairs at home on two feet and up the stairs at work. I haven’t tried down yet. I may still have to use the crutches when I’m tired or out shopping.

My PT said it might be good to wear the boot if I have to be on my feet for a long period of time because the next couple of weeks is a transition time. He was very impressed that I actually walked into the clinic in shoes. He said most people wouldn’t do that and he said that I am well ahead of schedule for my recovery and to not get frustrated. He was also impressed with the fact that I’m already walking in a heel, toe pattern.

He had me do some balance exercises today on a balance board…I was steady as a rock.

I asked about standing to do weights or even a straight leg dead lift…he said not for a bit…his quote “stability before mobility” my job is to stretch my achilles right now.

I’m so thrilled!!!

LOL..last night someone was staring at me for longer than would be polite….I still had on my boot and then she said “I absolutely have no excuse to not work out”…..I said “no you really don’t”. She asked if I was a trainer….can you believe it….I said no…she said I looked awesome. Words cannot describe how that felt.

I have considered becoming  a personal trainer…..who knows….anything is possible.

Have a great day everyone…mine is going to be fantastic!!

6 Comments »

Comment by iski7b

March 18, 2011 @ 10:45 am

I’m so thrilled for you. I’m grinning from ear to ear reading your post! Congrats! THe move to 2-shoes is an amazing feeling!

Comment by gailbuddy

March 19, 2011 @ 8:51 am

What kind of shoes are you wearing…just curious as I am limited to a couple of pair…still.
I am thrilled for you. You are moving along so quickly and you can thank yourself for that. Being in the correct state of mind is essential…cut yourself a little slack on your recent “girl” day. Even some of the guys have probably gone through that, they just aren’t woman enough to fess up(making no freinds, am I?)haha
Pat yourself on the back and walk tall!

Comment by GerryR

March 21, 2011 @ 9:44 am

KEWL! After I got rid of my crutches I found a cane to be really useful for a few weeks. I got a metal one and decorated it with stickers from climbing and outdoor gear manufacturers - very unique. You want to go somewhere that sells them and just see how it feels. It might work or it might not.

Comment by janet

March 21, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

My fashion sensibilities are being offended because for the time being I am wearing running shoes with my dress clothes…pretty darn attractive. On friday, I stayed in the gym clothes I wore to physio….LOL…I just couldnt bring myself to put on my dress clothes with runners…it was friday…the boss didn’t care. I am on the hunt for some shoes I can live with for the next few months…I NEED my high heels.

The good new so far, Gerry, is that I don’t seem to need the crutches at all. I did think about the cane option and I’ll see how I do over the next week.

Comment by dennis

March 24, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

janet - congrats on getting to 2 shoes! That’s a big milestone, and you really get back to normalcy from here on. Take your time, be patient and enjoy the freedom from crutches/boots :)

Comment by kfk