Sep
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by highflyer on 13-09-2009

Almost 5 weeks in 2 casts & I go to see the Doc again on Tuesday.  The leg has really wasted away with the second cast quite loose now despite hours of toe wiggling! Strange aches high up in the calf are now a daily norm, but the tendon does feel attached again.

I really hope I can get into the boot then, as this will be much better for travelling on holiday (Egypt on the Red Sea in just over 1 week).  I am determined to go swimming & snorkelling even if this means putting my trusty Xerosox Dry Pro (rubber stocking!) over the boot. Does anybody know of a smaller waterproof brace that you can swim in? That would be a true Godsend.

Happy Healing folks!

Comments

feedme on 13 September, 2009 at 2:04 pm #

re: water proof boot… try getting hold of a “vacuped” or mayve its “vacoped” its water proof.. there is a video of it on you tube…

leech1050 on 13 September, 2009 at 2:13 pm #

highflyer and feedme
I have one of the Vacoped boots on now. And yes you can swim in them, although I have not tried swimming in it yet. The web site shows people at pools with them on etc. have a look at Vacoped.com or my blog leech1050 has some photographs as well. Now you can have a great Holiday in the water. Nice one.
Lee

highflyer on 13 September, 2009 at 2:15 pm #

Cheers Feedme, that’s a great video! Next time i visit Barcelona, i will buy you one of those Sours!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

highflyer on 13 September, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks Lee, counting the hours until Tuesday now! Will post the video of the “Great White shark attack on Man in Vacoped boot” upon my return!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

leech1050 on 13 September, 2009 at 2:25 pm #

Hi highflyer
I forgot to mention: if your cast does not come off, you can still swim using a cast seal protector like:
1:Active SEAL™
2:Limbo cast more for showering I have one
3:Keep-U-Dri
4:Drycast etc.
Just goggle cast swimming protection. Its always good to have a plan B.
Lee

smoley on 14 September, 2009 at 8:22 am #

Hey Highflyer,
I went to Egypt/Red Sea with family a couple of years ago. You’ll have a great time and I’m very jealous. Let some of that lovely warm sunshine soak into your leg, it’ll do it the power of good!

highflyer on 14 September, 2009 at 11:04 am #

Thanks Smoley. I will be thinking of you all for the 2 weeks I am away (well until I have the first beer anyway!).

stonebuddy on 14 September, 2009 at 11:45 am #

Not sure what type of boot you have, but I have an aircast brand boot that is all plastic with foam padding on the inside. I have been swimming in the boot several times and its fine, but you have to take it off to dry. Earlier, I’m 8 weeks today, I borrowed a friends old boot (he ruptured his last year) and used it as my water boot then slipped my dry regular boot back on once I was out of the water.

highflyer on 14 September, 2009 at 3:19 pm #

Thank you Stonebuddy, will see what the UK Health Service provides tomorrow. It seems that a few different makes of boot are waterproof, so I know which to ask for now if given a choice.

dsut4392 on 15 September, 2009 at 6:49 pm #

Highflyer,
My boot is the non-waterproof metal and plastic variety with open cell foam liner. The liner took forever to dry after washing (probably take less time in Egypt weather). What I did to get around this was substitute the liner by wrapping a towel around my leg instead - this way I was able to wear the boot in the shower and steam room at the pool, and still have the liner dry for exiting into the winter cold afterwards.
I didn’t wear the boot while swimming, I was allowed to take it off, which felt even better! Walk to the edge in the boot, sit down and take it off, roll into the water. Of course this wouldn’t work for beach based snorkelling, but could be OK from a boat.
I wouldn’t hesitate to wear it into the ocean if that was the only way - just rinse it out well with fresh water afterwards to minimise corrosion. It doesn’t have to last forever after all…
Dylan

ashka on 15 September, 2017 at 11:44 am #

ituneslogin on 11 November, 2017 at 11:30 am #

You can likewise send out e-Cards to your good friends making use of the credit scores amount or by purchasing from your account repayment.

myloweslife on 8 January, 2018 at 6:11 am #

Alleviation fund helps those coming across huge financial challenge the dedications of fellow colleague. All full time as well as reduced.

pousinkfimkal on 17 July, 2020 at 4:32 am #

Along these lines, Citi Remote Office Portal is created by Citi Bank for its clients including the corporate and their representatives.

Customerz Survey on 17 July, 2020 at 6:00 am #

A customer satisfaction survey can help your business to improve customer loyalty. … The sales teams’ Christmas card lists may well be the best lists of all but they … This internally generated information may be biased, but it will raise most of …

Survey Guide on 18 July, 2020 at 7:06 am #

Lenny’s Grill is envisioning your visit continually. To serve you better for your future visit, it is inviting you to take the Lenny’s Subs Customer Satisfaction Survey to hear your input.

xookil 111 on 18 July, 2020 at 5:54 pm #

MyLongJohnSilversExperience Survey is the customer experience feedback portal introduced by the Long John Silver’s Fast food restaurant company that allows visitors to share their experience and satisfaction at the outlet.

Survey Guide on 24 July, 2020 at 3:36 am #

Join the Nicholson’s Pub Guest Experience Survey to share what you think about the spot dependent on your own visits.
Nicholson’s Pub Guest Experience Survey

telltims on 29 July, 2020 at 7:21 am #

Thanks for Share New Ideas. telltims

herryporter13 on 14 August, 2020 at 8:50 am #

Share your opinion on Charley’s Customer Service and get a chance to win Charley’s Philly Steaks Coupons. Yes, if you leave your feedback in Tell Charley’s Survey, then you could win Charley’s Coupons.
Charley’s Philly Steaks® Survey

raju 777 on 16 August, 2020 at 7:49 am #

Are you looking for Per Tutti Menu? Do you want to check Per Tutti Prices? Yes, then you are in the right place.

raju 777 on 17 August, 2020 at 8:40 am #

Marshalls Feedback Survey is an official customer feedback portal introduced by the Marshalls Department store company that allows its customers and visitors to share visiting experience and customer satisfaction feedback online.

Leather Jacket Halloween Costume on 17 August, 2020 at 11:29 am #

I’ve always sustained that if I didn’t have the boot and was talking serious things on the street corner, it would be very easy to ignore me. Boot Holiday camp was great and very attention-grabbing. You got to use live sequences of ammunition and got to do a lot of creeping around with live rounds flying around you, so you really had to learn to keep your ass down - everything down for that trouble.

anthonytonyy072 on 22 August, 2020 at 7:52 am #

Famous Dave’s is an American casual dining restaurant chain famous for serving tasty and authentic barbecue food. It was founded by Ojibwe Indian Dave Anderson in 1994. Now, it has around 170 restaurants throughout the USA and is serves ribs, pork, and chicken meals throughout the day.
Famous Dave’s Survey

verenaleyo on 28 August, 2020 at 5:41 am #

Sapne Me Bahut Sare Unt Dekhne का क्या मतलब हो सकता है? Sapne Me Unt Ko Pakdane का क्या मतलब हो सकता है? वो सारी जानकारी देने का प्रयत्न किया गया है| हमे उम्मीद है की आपको ये लेख पसंद आएगा।

marleejude02 on 3 September, 2020 at 4:10 am #

Welcome Buyers, Are you looking for John Deere LT155 Lawn Tractor Price USA? or searching for the John Deere LT155 Lawn Mower Specifications, Overview and Images, then here on this page you will get that all kinds of information, which you need to know about it.
John Deere Lt155 Price Specs

vinnijess on 3 September, 2020 at 8:17 am #

इस लेख मे आपको Sapne Me Abhineta आते है तो उसका क्या मतलब हो सकता है? सपने मे Khud Ko Abhineta या Abhinetri बनते देखने का क्या मतलब है? सपने मे Abhineta Ke Sath Khade रहेने का क्या मतलब है?

Sapne Me Abhineta Ko Khud Ke Sath Dekhne का क्या मतलब हो सकता है? Sapne Me Rajneta Ko Dekhne का क्या मतलब हो सकता है? उन सब सपनों की जानकारी देने का प्रयत्न किया गया है। हमे उम्मीद हे की आपको पसंद आएगा।

julianarose04 on 5 September, 2020 at 8:25 am #

LS is associated with Mitsubishi tractors of Japan for technology, and many tractors are based on Mitsubishi designs, as well as use Mitsubishi engines.

riddleymerten on 19 September, 2020 at 8:46 am #

Welcome to the Bob Evans Guest Satisfaction Survey. We value your candid feedback and appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. Please enter…

Anthony56 on 14 October, 2020 at 5:36 am #

It is definitely possible, and actually very easy to win this delicious rewards by taking the Moe’s Southwest Grill Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Asjhfurfgbpof on 15 October, 2020 at 5:08 am #

Quest Diagnostics Survey

Danbijaskiu on 15 October, 2020 at 10:32 am #

Chicken & Chorizo Skewers (Chimichurri chicken, courgette, chorizo,& pepper)