May 07 2014

goldman

drive my imagination

Posted at 10:41 pm under Uncategorized

Driving in my truck, and a man comes on the radio

When I’m driving in my car
And the man comes on the radio
He’s tellin’ me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to drive my imagination

7+ weeks post op — So I was sort of forced to drive my truck into work today. I had planned on just driving to the train station (4 mins away) for practice, and taking the train/taxi into the work office. But I forgot to get the handicap placard from my wife’s car, and there was no regular parking available, so I just said to myself: “Oh fraggit, may as well drive the 30 min drive all the way in”. Figured I would be beholden only to my schedule and not the Train/Uber combo I’ve been using for the past couple weeks. I had my winter shoe on my right foot. The shoe is quite large and roomy but my foot was so swollen that I could barely slip on the shoe. I had to wriggle _very_ carefully so as not to wrench my foot up too fast or with too much force. Between that and driving like a grandpa at about 25mph all the way on back roads it ’twas a bit anticlimactic. I was paranoid about injuring the tendon pressing on my pickup truck’s stiff gas pedal, and its old-only-manual brakes, so I kept my foot pointed in a funny downward slant and pretended like I was walking with the Aircast boot. I used the left emergency foot brake a lot to pre-slow down at controlled intersections. I’m sure I annoyed the hell out of every driver behind me today :-)

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “drive my imagination”

1. gocanes123on 08 May 2014 at 11:19 am 1

well done, that will probably describe me when I try driving next week!

2. jeffk58on 08 May 2014 at 12:28 pm 2

Sounds like you are lucky that Boston’s finest did not pull you over!!!!

3. goldmanon 10 May 2014 at 6:44 am 3

Jeff, I am in the burbs so little to no chance annoying Boston’s finest, but I do need to get off my wimp wagon and start using the gas and pedals in a normal fashion. Seems like my foot/tendon is not made of delicate fiber-optics glass after all :-)

4. ankit sainion 01 Dec 2018 at 3:33 am 4

It will be easily switch on after turn bluetooth windows 10. Because this always search device for the make of network as the eligible device. After complete operation it show the notification of the connect successfully.

The comment above seems to have nothing to do with achilles blog nor my post nor nada injury related.

5. essayproon 21 Feb 2020 at 3:52 am 5

Main Achilles blogs is a website where you can make your own blogs. It has a proper timeline for the members of training session. It has a blog from gold man’s Achilles Blog in which he is cleared with his driving imagination. Join website for online sessions.

6. TOP CITY ESCORTSon 21 Jun 2022 at 9:17 am 6

your post is Amazing for your insight into your fantastic blog thanks shearing.Delhi Escorts ||