Quick update. Two shoes.

Started in two shoes a couple days ago, watching every step I take and moving very slow.  Gait is normalizing a bit more every day.  I am currently using a 3/8″ lift 0n the affected side.  Walked 1 mile the first day, 1.5 the second, shooting for two today.  Severe sciatica persists on the uninvolved side.  Going in tomorrow afternoon for PT to focus on the sciatica/SI pain as the achilles is coming along nicely in the early stages.  I have had no choice but to accelerate my rehab and start building activity tolerance because of academic pressures (whooooooooole other story for another blog) but I need to get the LBP resolved ASAP.  Hope you’re all doing well.  Keep on fighting!

-GK

6 comments ↓

#1 normofthenorth on 05.24.12 at 12:35 pm

LBP? Usu means Low Blood Pressure in my circles, but that doesn’t make sense here…

#2 normofthenorth on 05.24.12 at 12:38 pm

Lower Back Pain, of course!! (Don’t you love time-savers that don’t?!? ;-) )

#3 gkraemer14 on 05.24.12 at 1:08 pm

;)

#4 johnsfbay on 05.24.12 at 3:24 pm

Hi GK,

Are you trying to get back into soccer or another sport before year-end?

Sounds like you are doing really well with your recovery for the 9 week mark!

Hope you find an easy-to-correct cause for the sciatica, and that it doesn’t keep you from your accelerated rehab goals :-)

John

#5 gkraemer14 on 05.24.12 at 3:41 pm

Hey John,

I have (un)officially retired from soccer :) Truth be told I have already donated a large portion of my old gear. Some kid who wears a size 10 1/2 is going to end up with some cheap, top-end Adidas. I’m trying to move things along quickly to stay on track in my program as a physical therapy student. I hope to get back to casual running at some point but might be hindered by chronic knee pain that has plagued me on the same side as the ATR. No prizes for guessing why I decided to become a PT.

Cheers

#6 johnsfbay on 05.24.12 at 4:51 pm

Hey GK,

Us old soccer wanna-be’s need lots of good young PT’s like you to keep us out there on the field :-)

Sounds like a perfect career fit for you.

Take care and good luck with the program!

You must log in to post a comment.