Gail’s Ultra Achilles Blog

I barely realized…it’s been a year

February 26, 2010 · 11 Comments

time fliesI’ve been so busy worrying about getting back into shape….that my one-year anniversary came and passed on February 18!  A good sign, I suppose, that I am looking forward and not back….except when I get some soreness.  But I am finally feeling that racing will be possible in a month or two.

Best wishes to all of us at different stages of this journey.  One step at a time, and we will all get there.

Categories: Uncategorized

11 responses so far ↓

• Lisa // Feb 28th 2010 at 2:12 pm

I have a question, are you feeling any hip pain/tendon (peroneal/P.T.T.) strain, and or heel pain? I have been p/o sx achilles rupture w/graft (5cm rupture) x 2 yrs and my heel really seems to bother me when my tennis shoes are about 2-3 mo. old. I have custom orthotics, but this acheness and soreness bother me. Any ideas on the heel pain? My foot doc. says stretch which I do. but do you have any other ideas?

Lisa

• "Frouchie" or "Grouchie", or just "Chris" // Mar 2nd 2010 at 9:30 am

Glad to hear you’re doing so well 1 year later.
    I hope to be in good shape with my recovery by the time second AT surgery in August.

Good luck…and give us an update from time to time.

• gailaj // Mar 6th 2010 at 6:48 am

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond -
    Thanks, Chris — I will check in and post after I start racing again (!) Good luck with your continued recovery, sorry you’ve had to endure this twice…

Hi Lisa -
    I am not having too much trouble with heel pain, just the occasional post-run soreness — but I find that stretching with a “night splint” daily helps. Right after surgery I had some plantar fascia issues, but that has gone away. I have not had any hip pain, so cannot speak to that….

• TutuApp // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:22 am

Find activities that you can do together regularly. It can be as simple as enjoying a cup of coffee together each morning or reading together at night.

• Vidmate // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:22 am

Trying something new together can be a fun and exciting way to spend time together. You don’t have to do anything crazy — even going out to dinner at a new restaurant or trying a new cuisine can be a fun experience.

• Fespopedro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:23 am

• Fespope1dro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:23 am

• Fespope1dro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:23 am

• Fespope1dro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:24 am

Spend quality time together. It’s easy to transition from face-to-face time together to digital communic

• Fespope1dro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:24 am

Spending quality time together can help strengthen your relationship and increase the bond you and your partner feel together.[11]

• Fespope1dro Smith // Jun 21st 2020 at 4:24 am

action. Yet, sometimes meanings can get lost in translation or non-verbal communication becomes non-existent.