Mar
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by franticachilles on 21-03-2014

Okay its time to catch up.

My surgery was on February 12, 2014. My ATR timeline is accurate. I am almost 6 weeks post-op and still NWB. The pain has virtually gone away, no need for pain meds, and healing is going well and I am being conservative.

I meet with the OS on Monday for my second follow-up and I am interested in what he will say. I had my initial examination in the PT office and have been doing new exercises and stretches. Basically I am working to get my right quad strengthened and stretched along as well as Achilles.  I am looking forward to progressing.

I will admit that almost 6 weeks of NWB is starting to play with my psychological health. I am a person who loves to cook and I love my own food (for health and taste) but I am loosing interest in cooking. I am finding myself looking to eat out a little more. I don’t want to deal with the food shopping, food prep, hours of cooking, and clean up.

There are great posts of inspiration in different blogs. But for today, NWB is chipping away at my attitude and drive.

I am just going to accept it!

Comments

coast2coast on 21 March, 2014 at 10:53 am #

I was also NWB for 6 weeks, frantic. I started going a little batty at the end myself. The transition to PWB is challenging, but a very welcome milestone. The transition to FWB/2-shoes is also difficult, but again, another welcome milestone. Good luck at your OS appt on Mon, keep us posted, and stay strong!

normofthenorth on 21 March, 2014 at 11:13 am #

Getting to FWB is pure joy, and it frustrates ME that UWO & Exeter etc. would have you there two weeks ago! :-(
When I went stupid slow (ATR #1, misguided “conservative” OS who didn’t need to read because he already knew everything), I spent a lot of time kneeling on one knee on a stool or a wheeled office chair. Toward the end, that knee was starting to “blow out” from a combo of no normal WB and too much kneeling WB. That’s when I got tough with Dr. Omniscient and became the first patient in his history who ever got into a boot! Even overworked and self-confident surgeons can learn, occasionally! Back then, the evidence was just becoming clear. Now you have to wear blindfolds to miss it.

Janis on 21 March, 2014 at 12:18 pm #

I’m sorry. I remember that frustration. Are you in a boot where you could do some pwb? I was “supposed” to be using two crutches with boot/pwb up until 8 weeks. I soon ditched the crutches, probably at about week 5-6. If I didn’t have pain, I took that as a good sign. If I got sore, I’d take a rest.

At any rate, whatever your status, it’s a frustrating time, but try to remember it doesn’t last forever.

franticachilles on 21 March, 2014 at 12:35 pm #

Hey Norm - I know you are a big fan of UWO and Exeter. I want to get there as quick as I can. I plan on bringing papers to be OS on Monday.

Coast and Janis - Thanks for the sympathy and support. As you point out it can be a challenge to look ahead positively but you both identify the milestones that I can look forward to.
Have a great weekend.

doudoune north face on 27 March, 2014 at 1:26 pm #

I ոeed to to thank you forr this ǥood read!! I certainly
enjoyed еvery bit of it. I have yyou book-markeԀ to check out new stuff you pߋst…

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

air max pas cher femme on 28 March, 2014 at 11:20 am #

I ոeed to to thank you for tthis excellent read!! І certainly enjоyed every little bit
of it. I’ve got yօu bookmarked to chеck out new things you ρost…

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

chaussure-de-foot-mercurial-77523.pordy.net on 29 March, 2014 at 11:30 am #

Hi! I just wօuld like to offеr you a huge thumЬs up for your great info you have got here on this pօst.
ӏ wіll be retսrning to your site for mоre soon.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

moncler veste homme on 29 March, 2014 at 3:28 pm #

Hі, ӏ ԁo beliеve this is an еxcellеnt wеbѕite.
I stumbledupoո it ;) I may return yet again ѕince i have book-marked it.
Money and freedom iѕ the best way to change, mаy you be rich
and continue to help others.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.