Recent update

waving the white flag…

March 14th, 2013 by evahsmum

I hit a wall Monday… I just realized that I can’t do this anymore.

I saw my NP (nurse practitioner) last Friday to discuss pain management. She prescribed Arthrotech and wanted me to give it a two week try… take the meds and try to keep working.  Between starting the meds Friday afternoon and monday morning, I only worked two hours and did a whole lotta nothing over the weekend….. I was in utter agony from Monday morning on. Ugh. I cried between gagging from pain all the way to work Monday and Tuesday. I gagged while treating clients… even once while interviewing a client (getting case history). Embarrassing! !!!

So… I’m done working until after I’m healed up from both surgeries now. My poor left leg can’t go from being in an air cast all the time (so I can stand to work on my feet all day) to being my only foot to support my right leg through recovery.  I’ve got just over three weeks so build a little bit of muscle  in my left leg since it’s extremely weak right now, but I can’t do much since it’s just as injured as my right foot.  Thinking NWB calf raises and knee extensions to start with.

I go tomorrow to Chatham to get my Pre Admission done. Hopefully, I’ll have some more info to go on for planning post op at that time.  Right now just praying that everything goes great during surgery and with recovery!

Cheers & blessings!

PS. How do I include photos in a post? I did all that I thought one should do to accomplish this(clicked the add media star thingy and went through all that business) but they still don’t show up in the preview of this post?? Thanks!!!

Figured it out! Thanks!!!

LEFT

Posted in Uncategorized | | |

6 Responses to ' waving the white flag… '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' waving the white flag… '.

1. normofthenorth said,

on March 16th, 2013 at 3:28 am

Good luck with all of it, EM!

Somebody (ryanb?) just posted clear step-by-step photo instructions. (Not me!)

2. evahsmum said,

on March 17th, 2013 at 9:36 am

Thanks Norm! Question… EM? What does that mean? Just struck me as odd cuz that’s what my nieces/nephew call me!!

3. normofthenorth said,

on March 17th, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I was just saving keystrokes on your name. Would you prefer Mum? Did I parse it wrong, into Evah’s Mum =~ “EM”?

4. evahsmum said,

on March 20th, 2013 at 10:05 pm

oh! Haha! No that’s more than fine Norm. It just threw me off cuz I’ve been Em to my family for 20 years… I was starting to think you were psychic lol.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

5. IP Camera said,

on June 18th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Great article and interesting

6. on February 10th, 2019 at 5:09 pm

If you are in the search for knowing where are my documents folder desktop windows 10 so here you will be able to know all those ways by which you can easily access over it and can increase your knowledge.