ericm98’s AchillesBlog

Week 9 Part 2 HUGE Development

February 13, 2015 · 6 Comments

So was expecting this to take a bit longer but…(2nd PT appointment this week, I do Wed/Fri)

All in shoes now! (Brooks Addictions and Brooks Beasts, quite comfy). No heel lifts…and…ok to drive! After my 1pm call I’m so going to get a coffee!

Did some foot over foot drills over bars that resembled one of those ladders you would do side shuffles on.

Did some side to side steps over the ladder as well.

Did some stuff on the treadmill to get a less flat push off.

Did massaging, everything feels good..no defects, nice and solid.

No crutches in house, stairs one step - two feet for now, 1 crutch out in the world given the conditions (I’m in RI, TONS of snow and ice).

Hard to stay neutral, that emotional roller coaster is really high now but I’m trying to keep it level..who knows what lies ahead.

Onward and upward

Categories: Uncategorized

6 responses so far ↓

• cjernigan81 // Feb 13th 2015 at 1:39 pm

Congrats on being able to drive.

I’m at six weeks now and will be in a boot over the next few weeks (taking a wedge out each week) and then going into a shoe. So I will be where you are shortly. Not being able to drive myself places and depending on others for rides has probably been the toughest.

• Atrbuff // Feb 14th 2015 at 3:30 am

It is a d****d inconvenience but you’ll be driving soon and in a few short months wondering what all the negativity was about. Not exactly life threatening is it?

• ericm98 // Feb 14th 2015 at 6:01 pm

It’s an emotionally difficult and can be a very life disrupting injury as evidenced by this very website. Not just for the patient but for their family, friends, and loved ones.

I do not intend to trivialize it by practicing revisionist history simply because I have had a relatively easy recovery thus far.

Perhaps you do intend on doing that though, good for you but do it on your own blog so people who want to read stuff like that (which doesn’t include me) can.

Cheers.

• donna // Feb 15th 2015 at 1:05 am

It’s an exciting time Eric…the day you’re able to wear normal shoes and drive! YAY you, enjoy it!

• Laetitia // Feb 15th 2015 at 9:33 am

Congrats Eric

• skelonas // Feb 15th 2015 at 11:47 am

Great news Eric! Keep up the hard work.