Posted by: edhdez | August 5, 2015

Week 6 - FWB - Physical Therapy

I started the week at 20º PF on VACOcast, today is at 15º and by tomorrow at 10º. So far so good. I had my follow up last Monday and I was cleared for PT. I’ve been calling a couple therapists and trying to find a new one. To my surprise, they called me from the same place where they caused my re-rupture but I turned them down.

However, I was wondering if I should be back to the same place since they already know me and they work and report directly to my OS, but they are college graduates who have no experience dealing with Achilles ruptures.

So, I’m not sure what to do, I’m still waiting from a couple places to see if they can work with me and my insurance.

Responses

If you are already a little apprehensive I would probably look elsewhere. You need to have total confidence in the people you are letting guide you back to full fitness, if you don’t it might be an idea to start fresh.

I feel total confidence with my physio and don’t think she would do anything that will put my achilles at risk so if she tells me to do something, I am not hesitant and give it my all. Doing it half hearted may cause a rerupture and I don’t think it is worth the risk, but at the end of the day it is up to you and you may have reruptured regardless of who was doing the therapy.

+1 on going where you can be comfortable and recapture your mojo. Even though the surgeon may be more culpable than your PT, I think most people would understand it if you don’t want to go back to the same office.

Leave a response

Your response:

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture.
Anti-Spam Image

Powered by WP Hashcash

Categories