PT session #10
Unable to do a single heel lift, strength just isn’t there. I am able to walk 2 miles per day, up from the 1 mile last week. Most blog entries I read mentioned the best thing to do is “just walk” with the focus on a good push off, form etc. It’s nice to be outdoors again with the fresh air and sun on my face as I circle the running track at the local high school. I’m going snorkeling in La Jolla Cove this weekend which will be my first dip in the ocean since May 20, ATR date. No complaints and things are getting better as everyone ahead of me promised. Happy Healing All!
PT appt #6, 2-Shoes
AT massage gets deeper and exercises are more challenging each visit. Combination of PT, Gym workouts, this BLOG, and home exercises have been a constant. Two weeks ago when my OS said I want you walking in two weeks out of the boot it seemed like a stretch. I’m 3 days early in 2-shoes. Truly grateful for the lessons I continue to learn through this process. Happy Healing All!
Scar Pic 7/20
ATR Scar Pic
PT Day 2 Getting in rhythm
- Started with massage and stretching. The medial side of the AT is sensitive to deep massage (6 out of 10). Ham and quad are really tight and felt good to be stretched.
- ROM and resistance exercises were fine.
- Rode the stationary bike - Cardio needs work
- Squat machine - Both legs and Iso - Felt good
- Core, back, chest, and medicine ball work - Good
- Felt strong overall and nice to get in some kind of rhythm. Following the protocols posted on this site early helped me get ahead of my PT. At week 4 I began phase 1 exercises (Foot alphabet, circles, dorsi to 0, toe movements, leg raises etc.).
- Next appointment is tomorrow 7/19
- Happy Healing Everyone!
PT day 1 - Good, good, ouch, good…
- Filled out some paperwork
- Swelling at 1 cm - Good
- Overall ROM - Good
- Massaged the scar and AT - Pain was acceptable up to a level 3 of 10 I was told. Hit a 7 once!
- Walked in boot and was filmed - Still a little awkward but it’s my second day FWB in Das Boot
- Strength in hip, ham - Good
- Foot pumps - Need work
- Lot’s of Good, good, good today which was good!
- More homework exercises
- Next PT visit is on Friday at 8am and I should be able to go surfing within 6 to 8 weeks!
Second follow up doctor visit, FWB in Das Boot, 6 weeks
OS examined my AT and was pleased. Cleared me for FWB boot-walking for the two weeks and then wants me out of the boot. PT prescribed 3X per week for a month. Follow up OS appt on 8/14. Really happy with the visit and to have my HANDS FREE! Happy Healing Everyone:)
PWB at 5 weeks in Das Boot
Upgraded to PWB in the boot! Doing my home exercises daily, ROM and strength improving. Going back to work (office job) at the end of the month and as long as I’m FWB in the boot by then all will be well. My second follow up doc appt is on Tue 7/15 fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone that posts, I read them daily and happy healing!
The First Follow-up visit. Suture Removal
Two weeks post op today, minimal pain and swelling compared to the first week. Occasionally my heel feels like it’s burning otherwise doing much better. Fitted for an adjustable boot NWB which was fine but it seems heavy. I guess this could be due to the muscle loss in my leg which looks noticeably smaller…:( My next appointment is in 4 weeks on July 15. Going to start exercising this week, light weights and yoga. I guess this would put me on a 6 weeks PWB timeline.
Day Before Surgery
I ruptured my left achilles on May 20th and delayed my surgery until tomorrow due to traveling. My calf has been sore the last few days, taking Ibuprofen has worked so far.
Welcome to AchillesBlog.com.
This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Following link will take you to your blog’s “command center” where you can write your posts:
Be sure to fill out your city, Achilles rupture date, surgery date, etc.. (if you know it) here:
Fill out my Achilles Profile Here
When you do, you can keep track of your recovery progress and see your information on the Marathon Tracker.
Here’s more info: using Achilles Timeline Widget
Please change this post’s title to something more descriptive. Just leaving it as “Hello World” leads people to believe that you haven’t updated your first post!
If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask!