Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery

Aiming for full recovery!

Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery header image 2

Some sample designs for the AchillesBlog T-shirts

June 4th, 2008 · 31 Comments

Creating AchillesBlog T-shirts has been more difficult than I had anticipated. Good news is that I think I’ve found the right place to print the T-shirts for us, and I ordered some sample white T-shirts to make sure that I print the designs on the best quality (and softest) T-shirts.

My brother, who is studying to be an architect, has drawn some samples, and I wanted to get your opinion. This will be the logo on the left chest area. Which one do you like the best? Or which parts of the images do you like? You can mix and match.

This is just one of the themes that’s in consideration, and he’s working on others. Also, we are open to other ideas for the design, so don’t hesitate to make a suggestion! :)

Even better, if you have some graphic design skills and want to create some designs, please let me know. (One small image for the left chest, and a large one for the back) I’d be happy to send you a couple of T-shirts. :)

[First Set]
AchillesBlog Finishline Logo - First Iteration

[Second Set]
AchillesBlog Finishline Logo - 2nd Set

[Third Set]

Third Set samples for AchillesBlog T-shirts

Tags: AchillesBlog.com · Announcements · recovery

31 responses so far ↓

• 1 mlouie // Jun 4, 2008 at 11:58 pm

I like the Upper Left.

• 2 johnk // Jun 5, 2008 at 2:33 am

Hi Dennis,

Top or bottom right for me, the symbolic raised arms to signify victory.

Johnk :)

• 3 withnail // Jun 5, 2008 at 3:53 am

These are really great ! Nice design work.

Bottom left for me, bottom right also strong.

• 4 withnail // Jun 5, 2008 at 5:05 am

Dennis, how did you get thye survey to appear in your right hand bar? I made my own but could place it in a post and then the radio buttons didn’t show. Thanks, withnail

• 5 dennis // Jun 5, 2008 at 6:17 am

withnail -
    I think you use a text widget, place it on your sidebar, and copy the code into it.

• 6 johnskier // Jun 5, 2008 at 8:51 am

Dennis - I like the imagery on the bottom left that the achilles blog is “supporting” the runner. I think I like the actual runner on the right. Great work.

BTW…been crazy busy and will create a post as soon as I can - continuing PT and last doc visit today. You probably thought I fell off the face of the earth. I almost did, but caught myselt at the last minute. Thank goodness I’d been doing my strength work. :)

• 7 Bri // Jun 5, 2008 at 9:27 am

Dennis- I like the bottom left. Looks great! I haven’t forgotten about doing some designs, I’ve just been busy… Will you email me the new specs? Great work on the site by the way.

Johnskier- I’m glad you didn’t fall off the face of the earth. That would be scary.

• 8 eriedutchgirl // Jun 5, 2008 at 10:09 am

Dennis,
    These are awesome! Liking the bottom left design, but the runner on the right, looking all victorious. Thanks for doing this. I feel a new favorite workout shirt coming on…

• 9 craig // Jun 5, 2008 at 11:40 am

Had forgotten about the shirt, thanks for pushing forward, Dennis. I like the bottom right.

Is the back going to be the same or will it be a different picture/wording on the back? I think it would be cool to add some wording on the back that said something like, “I survived my achilles marathon with achilesblog.com”

• 10 judit // Jun 5, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Dennis, these are great. I like the right side ones, maybe the bottom one better. Thanks!
    Judit

• 11 runrattyrun // Jun 5, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Grand Idea. All are appealing design. how about adding stitches to the figure’s leg, or a shredded tendon?

• 12 walshie // Jun 5, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Top left.

What about a close-up of the lower-half of the leg, maybe in motion or something like that.

• 13 Kristinatl // Jun 5, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Good job! Like the artistic work in upper left. Can you raise the upper left’s arms in victory? If not, great as is!

• 14 Tom // Jun 5, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Dennis - Your brother’s done great work. I like the bottom left ribbon with the right side runner. I, like Craig, was wondering if there was some slogan we could add on the shirt. I thought I’d throw out some ideas to get the brainstorming going.

Achillesblog…
    1. “Pop”, Drop, and Roll
    2. From Pop back to Hop
    3. From Splint to Sprint
    4. From the Blues back to 2 Shoes
    5. My Tendon is Bigger than Your Tendon

I know there are some very creative people on the site, so I’m sure we can come up with something better. I just wanted to get the creative juices flowin’.

• 15 ross // Jun 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm

look great..
    need something drawing attention to the achilles area..

lightening bolt, arrow, stitches, etc..

Thanks for the hard work

Doc Ross

• 16 Jim // Jun 6, 2008 at 12:22 am

Or

Achillesblog…
    6. I’ll bet mine is fatter, harder, and more scared up than yours.

That would get attention. And now everyone is wearing flip flops, you can win the bet on the spot! Too much wine possibly…

Jim

• 17 damacar // Jun 6, 2008 at 11:11 am

I definately liek the idea of a funnier shirt. I actually had a dream last week I was wearing one. I was at the season opener for UO Duck football( i’m a season ticket holder) and I didn’t wear a duck shirt, instead i wore an ATR shirt so people would know why I was so slow up and down the stairs in the stadium! haha
    This part is real…the season opener is Aug 30th. My goal is to be able to walk up stairs and ramp. I wrote down what was on the shirt in my dream at home….i’ll post them this weekend!!

• 18 zurichfan // Jun 6, 2008 at 11:20 am

Thanks Dennis! These are great! Bravo to your brother! I like the bottom right runner.

I also like the idea of “Pop, Drop, and Roll” logo and adding something to your original design (lightening bolt, stitches, arrow) to the Achilles region.

• 19 dennis // Jun 6, 2008 at 2:50 pm

I like the idea of slogans. Tom, those are good!

Any others? I remember reading several good quotes on the site, but I can’t remember where they are..

“Patience is key”

If you have good quotes and/or slogans. (Either motivational and/or funny) Please feel free to comment.

I’d like to work on a widget that cycles through motivational quotes and amusing ones, and when it’s done, you’ll be able to add it to your blog.

• 20 eriedutchgirl // Jun 6, 2008 at 3:07 pm

What about a question on the back: “I’m FWB. Are you?” Make people ask about your shirt. I remember the olden days when I had no idea what FWB meant…ignorance was bliss, but now it’s time to spring it on the world!

• 21 walshie // Jun 6, 2008 at 8:20 pm

“”Elevate and blog all day long…on achillesblog,com”

On the back theres a silouette of a propped-up foot, with the laptop on the persons leg…or something like that…kinda rip off the Alfred Hitchcock logo..

• 22 walshie // Jun 6, 2008 at 8:25 pm

I like erie’s slogan too..thats funny. I’d buy that shirt.

• 23 dennis // Jun 7, 2008 at 1:01 am

johnskier -

Glad to hear that you were able to find some time to check back! Hope the recovery is going well.

It’s been busy for me this week, and I’ve been ignoring my rehab routines a bit. I am still walking a lot though, so I hope that makes up for some of it. My achilles felt better today, and I am looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow.

• 24 dennis // Jun 7, 2008 at 1:07 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the T-shirt design. My bro and I have been going back and forth with the designs/ideas. We’ll post a few more designs taking into account all the feedback on this page.. so please keep the feedbacks coming.

I still haven’t received the sample t-shirts yet.. so until I get those, we’ll be tweaking the designs.

• 25 jenni // Jun 11, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Hey Dennis - great ideas! I like the slogan on the back idea, my fave’s so far are Eerie’s “I’m FWB. Are you?”, and “My tendon is bigger than your tendon” from Tom. Something that gets people asking, with some humor (how else have we been surviving this?) I also agree with drawing attention to the achilles area. My fave drawing is from the first set, bottom left.

• 26 antmtbr // Jun 13, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Great designs! I like ā€œIā€™m FWB. Are you?ā€. Also 1st template Top Left for the front…. Much prop’s, keep up the great work!

My status: PT has been rigorous, been out road riding, next stage will hopefully be running and back on my MTB rig for some singletrack!

• 27 Jim // Jun 16, 2008 at 11:28 pm

I like the 3rd set upper left with the runner going down the road and the acronyms on the upper right.

• 28 dennis // Jun 16, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Jim -
    A similar version is going to be the graphic on the back of the t-shirt. It takes 2-3 weeks for them to print the t-shirts though, so it’s not going to be immediate.

• 29 Dean // Jun 20, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Dennis:

I like 3rd set, bottom left. I would recommend putting the small logo in the middle of the chest at the front. (Ala. Jumpman 23 design)

With bigger one on the back and perhaps a slogan across the shoulder.. “my tendon is bigger than your tendon”

• 30 sheila // Jun 27, 2008 at 2:43 am

Wonderful designs! I like all the runners - except for the thicker bodied one. It looks “heavier” where the others have such a light feel to them. But I love the motion they depict. I’ll definitely be ordering, too!!

• 31 Website // Nov 19, 2020 at 6:51 am

You won’t lament it. Their Website impressed me on multiple levels.