Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery

Aiming for full recovery!

Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery header image 2

AchillesBlog NYC Mararthon Widget available

April 14th, 2008 · 7 Comments

Achilles Icon NWB

AchillesBlog NYC Marathon Widget is now available. You can see it in action on the left sidebar of my page.

It keeps track of your recovery progress starting from your surgery date to 365 days afterwards.
From that, it figures out where you are in your recovery in terms of the NYC mararathon.

(Update: You can set a recovery date of your choice. Just enter the mm/dd/yyyy in the settings. For example: 11/29/2008 )

It’s a nice graphical representation of your progress. Since many of the people recovering from ATR are athletes and some have ran several marathons, I thought this would be appropriate.

Why 365 days? My goal is to recover as close to 100% as I can AND be in excellent shape by the 1 year mark.

If you’d like to keep track of another date (being FWB, out of a boot, walking without a limp, days until your vacation) you can do that now with the new enhancements.
The next enhancement is to allow you to keep track of multiple dates with different colored circles or squares.

As always, I appreciate any feedback. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Instructions

Please go to this URL for instructions on how to set it up:
Instructions on Setting Up Recovery Progress NYC Marathon Widget

If you need any help, please leave a comment on this page and I can set it up for you.
You’ll have to tell me where you want the widget to appear, whether you want a transparent water map or a regular map. And also whether you want a custom title.

Tags: AchillesBlog.com · Announcements · recovery

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Heel pain // Jun 24, 2008 at 7:36 am

This is a great idea. Fair play to you for it. I’ll be looking at telling my marathon running patients to try it out.

Keeping a ‘journal’ of your progress is important not just for you but also your health care professionals.

Well done again.

• 2 dennis // Jun 24, 2008 at 1:39 pm

The orthotics center that you run sounds like an interesting place. I wish I could try out your services, but it looks like you are located in Ireland. If you happen to know of a similar center in NYC area, please let me know.

• 3 Goodtherapy // Aug 9, 2008 at 9:59 am

My daughter-in-law’s father is a runner and enjoys running marathons. He is close to 70 and always walks with a limp. I wonder if this sort of product would help him out. I will be sure to forward this to him and hope that it helps. He has run NYC more times than I can count. I know he’d love to have something like this that will help him run even more of them.

• 4 hurtingheals // Sep 7, 2008 at 7:57 pm

An achilles injury can be a killer to recover from. I have known several runners that have blown out their achilles and they can never seem to get all the way back into the swing of things.

I think that you need something just like this to get back to your training.

• 5 annakat // Sep 17, 2008 at 6:42 pm

I live out in a rural area of North Carolina in the US. and we don’t have anything like this. I blew my archilles and that put a end to my running.

• 6 Therapist // Nov 13, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I think the Achilles NYC Marathon Progress Tracker Widget is a great tool. I have a sister that is a runner and she hurt herself last year during a run. I think this tool would be helpful to her. She has even been encouraging me to run a marathon with her. Who knows? I might take her up on the offer. It’s good to see that you are making great progress.

• 7 Doctors Notes // May 11, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Great idea for a widget. My brother hurt himself and something like this will dramatically help him. Great idea.