Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery

Aiming for full recovery!

Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery header image 2

Achilles Timeline Widget

March 8th, 2008 · 26 Comments

This is a widget that I created that keeps track how long it has been since my ATR and how long it has been since my surgery.

Achilles Timeline Widget

You can also add this to your sidebar, and it’ll keep track of your dates as well.

To do this, after you login, if you go to: “Users” -> “Your Achilles Profile”, you can fill in the info. Make sure you click “Update Options” when done. (image showing a sample user):
AchillesBlog User Profile

Now all you have to do is “activate” the plugin that I’ve created: Achilles Info Display Widget:

Activate Achilles Widget Plugin

In the widgets screen under “Presentation”, you can now see the widget called “ATR Timeline” and add it to any of the themes and any of its sidebars you want.
If you have any questions or you want me to do this for you on your behalf, please let me know.

I have more things planned, including the progress tracker. Also, any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated. ;)

Tags: Announcements

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 brendan // Mar 8, 2008 at 4:10 pm

cool..works great Dennis…I’ve got mine up and running.

• 2 ross // Mar 11, 2008 at 8:08 am

Dennis
    not very computer literate..
    tried to put timeline on site …activated it but not on my home page..can you look into it and let me know what I need to do

Thanks for maintaining the site..
    Doc Ross

• 3 dennis // Mar 11, 2008 at 9:31 am

Ross -

I’ve added the AT timeline on your site.
    In case you wanted to move things around, from your wp admin console, you can go to Presentation -> Widgets(sub menu bar).

There, you’ll see “Sidebar Arrangement”, and you can drag available widgets from the bottom to the sidebars, change order, etc. Make sure to “save changes” as well.

I hope this helps.

• 4 Stephanie // Mar 16, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Wow Dennis…we look like twins… I ruptured my achillies 1/29/08. Way to start off the new year!! I am now in a walking boot as well. I am trying to overcome the fear o0f walking..I start PT on 3/18…Thanks for the details

• 5 antmtbr // Apr 3, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Still learning, I have my ATR Widget up and was wondering, how/why it does not display here ->

Hope everyone is progressing well!

ant

• 6 dennis // Apr 3, 2008 at 4:43 pm

ant - the code is based on the “Recently Updated Posts on AchillesBlog” which looks at how long it’s been since you last modified your blog. It looks like it’s been longer than 30 days for you.

I’ve made a temporary fix. If the dates are not correct, please correct it on your “Achilles Profile”.

I need to rewrite it from scratch anyway. I have some important meetings that I am focusing on right now, so I can’t do it right away..

It’ll take me about 2 hours to redo it, and I’ll work on that some time end next week.. if all goes well. ;)

• 7 admin // Apr 3, 2008 at 5:03 pm

antmtbr - You need at least 1 post to be included on the list. I’ve added a placeholder post for you.

• 8 tomingeorgia // Aug 9, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Dennis - love the site. can’t get the ATR widget or marathon widget to active- could you take a peek when you have a minute? thanks.

• 9 dennis // Aug 10, 2009 at 2:50 pm

tomingeorgia - No problem. Just let me know the dates and other info and I’ll set it up for you when I get home.

• 10 normofthenorth // Aug 17, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Dennis, you say “If you look carefully to the on the right sidebar of this page, you’ll see that there is a new “widget” called Achilles Timeline” — but I DON’T see it on the sidebar! Did it get squashed by some update or other?

• 11 dennis // Aug 17, 2010 at 10:45 pm

normofthenorth - looks like I may have accidentally disabled the ‘ATR Timeline’ widget on my blog. It should be back up now. thanks for letting me know.

• 12 jhc121 // Aug 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm

dennis - I’ve been having trouble uploading pics to my posts. I’ll click ‘add media’. Then choose the pic from one of my folders. I’ll add a description and click ‘insert into post’. But I get a blank white screen of nothing. I end up clicking the back arrow button at the top. The pic ends up in a gallery.

• 13 gareth // Feb 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I have just signed up and ruptured my Achilles 4 weeks ago and want to write a blog, add my timeline widget etc. I have e-mailed achillesblog@gmail.com but no response. Any info would be appreciated
    Thanks

• 14 liverpoollass // Feb 16, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Have no doubt that Dennis will be in touch, give him a couple of days. Can’t wait to hear your story. This site is the best support out there.

• 15 garyf // Feb 16, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Dennis is usually quite quick Gareth so hopefully you’ll hear something soon. There are lots of good people on here at various stages of recovery to fully healed and as Liverpool lass says, we all know what you’re going through so if you have any questions just ask.

• 16 dennis // Feb 16, 2011 at 9:59 pm

gareth - I’ve created your blog and replied to your email. If you have any questions, please let me know.

• 17 gareth // Feb 17, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Thanks Guys

Onwards & Upwards!!!!! This site is bril!! Gives me the mental strength when I get low..

• 18 mwchrisco2 // Jan 11, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I am now FWB with a boot as of 01-09-13.

• 19 Richard // Jun 4, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Apollo I will be watching your progress, I also injured my ATR May 14, 2013 and from Philly. My 1st post-op is tomorrow, hopefully everything is fine and I can get my cam boot.

• 20 davidk // Mar 8, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Dennis, I set-up my own blog page, but I don’t know how to get started beyond that. I don’t see where I would begin to write my own blog comments. Thanks for any help. -DavidK

• 21 dennis // Mar 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm

@davidk - I’ve created your blog and you should have received an email from me. happy healing!

Normally, the process is:
    “To create a new blog, please create a user account first. And then, please send me an e-mail (achillesblog@gmail.com) from the e-mail address that you registered with, and I’ll create a blog for you. Please tell me what your username is, and mention briefly how your injury was caused. “

• 22 snowball // Mar 13, 2014 at 10:19 pm

For some reaso I can’t even see where to start to create any blog. I have logged in and I have looed all around settings but no option to write or create blog, can anyone help

• 23 normofthenorth // Mar 14, 2014 at 1:20 am

Snowball, it usually starts with an email. See the comment right above yours. Then you usually wait a couple of days before you notice your brand-new “Hello World!” blog.

• 24 amag3232 // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Dennis, I don’t seem to be able to post a blog post anymore from anywhere. Dont see the option on my dashboard either.

• 25 oldduck // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Dennis,
    Apologize for my stupidity…but I don’t see how to start a blog…on the site it says click “here” but then I get to that page that there are no clear directions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks loads…

• 26 skschnell // Mar 30, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I injured my achilles tendon on March 9 while attending rope rescue training at my work and repelling from a 5th floor window. I had surgery on March 17th to repair two tears in the same tendon. One tear was complete and the other was 2/3 tear. I am scheduled to get sutures removed on April 3rd, and hopefully a boot.