debuff

ankle swelling at sea?

I just returned from a week long cruise to Bermuda. Each day my foot and ankle became a little more swollen. I refrained from too much walking and didn’t participate in the nightclub dancing. I iced every evening. But I don’t understand why it became so incredibly swollen. The top of my foot looked like a balloon.

12 Responses to “ankle swelling at sea?”

1. normofthenorthon 22 Sep 2013 at 12:35 am

I got nuthin’, sorry. If you live in Death Valley or somewhere else below sea level, maybe it was the high altitude. . . Nope, nuthin’. Ice and elevate more often?

2. bionicon 22 Sep 2013 at 3:14 am

I believe different climates can cause swelling. Add to that a change in routine with being on your feet or vertical. As well your muscle not being active may not be pumping causing swelling.

Finally, I don’t know specifics but you might just want to quickly read up on DVT and see if you should go to a doc. If you suspect DVT get attention asap. Or maybe get it checked out regardless to be on safe side.

3. debuffon 22 Sep 2013 at 2:38 pm

I found out that the water aboard the ship is desalinized seawater. However, not all the salt is completely removed. So all the free drinks like tea, coffee, lemonade and “tap” water contain small amounts of salt. So in addition to the extra salt from the delicious food, everything I drank increased the amount of salt which caused extra fluid retention and extra swelling. If I ever go on another cruise I guess I’ll purchase the bottled water. My foot and ankle were so swollen I could barely walk and didn’t even try to dance or exercise. So between the salt and decreased activity, I felt like a giant water balloon. Back home now for 3 days, the swelling is almost gone. I went back to water aerobics today so I’m working on my flexibility and am feeling better.

4. SCERT Haryana 1st Class e-Bookson 02 Oct 2020 at 2:37 am

Haryana Govt. Schools monthly syllabus for 1st to 5th, 6th to 8th, 9th to 12th is divided by the department. Download HBSE syllabus for 1st to 12th. SCERT made this distribution of syllabus month wise. Teachers have to cover the mentioned monthly syllabus in the given time. The whole syllabus of all subjects is divided month wise but exam date (student assessment test) is not monthwise.

5. buy youtube likeson 26 Oct 2020 at 9:26 am

Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I’m becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

6. 먹튀검증커뮤니티on 01 Nov 2020 at 3:19 am

The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting.

7. Amazonon 01 Nov 2020 at 6:35 am

This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself..

8. Seo optimalisatieon 04 Nov 2020 at 1:40 am

Efficiently written information. It will be profitable to anybody who utilizes it, counting me. Keep up the good work. For certain I will review out more posts day in and day out. |

9. 주식디비on 08 Nov 2020 at 9:49 pm

10. 주식디비on 08 Nov 2020 at 9:50 pm

I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. 주식디비

11. 디비판매on 08 Nov 2020 at 9:51 pm

The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most
    blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    디비판매

12. 다음웹툰on 14 Nov 2020 at 12:24 pm

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!
    It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!