Doing too much will come back to bite you BIG TIME!

March 1st, 2016

The past 4 days I was feeling SO good that I went shopping for 8 hours on Friday, 5 hours on Saturday.  Then went to church, which I do set up for, on Sunday and cleaned around the house.  Monday I was still feeling pretty good so I decided to clean some more, do some crafts, take a walk outside on our 4 acres and only use the 1 crutch and/or no crutches.  Mind you, I am STILL to be NWB and still have stitches in.  YEAH I KNOW!!! BAD GIRL!  BOY am I PAYING FOR IT TODAY!!!  Definately NOT ready to go without crutches or knee scooter and will NOT be doing any walking today.  UGH!  I am a stubborn girl and thought I could do it but learned my lesson.  For those of you just getting done with surgery - BEHAVE!!!  Pain isn’t too bad but definately KNOW that I shouldn’t have done what I did! Looks like my house will remain dirty a little bit longer!!! :(

7 Responses to “Doing too much will come back to bite you BIG TIME!”

1. Manny on March 1, 2016 5:34 pm

Crzykdsmom, are you sure we are not related? I can see my mom doing the same stuff you did! LOL
    Of course, payback is tough and I hope you did no lasting damage… though some protocols have people FWB with the boot right after surgery… so go figure.
    Good luck, and (even though you won’t pay attention to it) take it easy for a while. LOL
    Manny

2. grannykat on March 1, 2016 9:29 pm

Holy cow, crzykdsmom! No! No! No! Take it from me, you must follow instructions. Girlfriend, you need to elevate, elevate, elevate. If not, you’ll likely wind up very sorry. Take care. :) Kat

3. beanie on March 1, 2016 11:32 pm

Crzykdsmom, you are crazy! I thought I pushed hard, but you are on your own level! I actually think it’s great - our bodies need to move and be active. But please please take care and rest if you need to! P.S. if you’re already doing PWB and FWB stints at 1 week then your trip to the theme parks at 4 weeks is going to be a breeze! Yay! :)

4. Crzykdsmom on March 2, 2016 7:44 am

Thank you Manny, grannykat, and beanie for the encouraging(?) words!

I have been behaving myself (for the most part) for the past 2 days. Was so worried that I had done some damage because I hadn’t had pain since the surgery. But feeling MUCH better now and the church people have decided that I need to BEHAVE! They have now got me working on several projects on my computer to make sure I stay seated!

Only thing I’m upset about this right now is that my aunt, brother and cousin are all having surgery and I can’t help make them dinners or be with them. My family is keeping the doctors and surgeons busy this year! Today 3 of 6 surgeries will have been done. Sheesh!!! Interestingly enough my cousins’ husband ruptured HIS Achilles tendon last week and had surgery last Wednesday. On the plus side I was able to offer him a few hints that I learned!! Guess we all learn together!

I WILL behave (somewhat) and see the doctor on Friday to get stitches removed and maybe THEN I’ll have PERMISSION to be partial weight bearing! LOL!!! Later peeps!

5. metonia on March 2, 2016 8:43 pm

Bone supports our weight, muscle moves us. If you were lucky ( a miracle), the bone held you up and you didn’t injure your new surgery.

6. grannykat on March 3, 2016 7:41 pm

How’s it going, crzykdsmom?

7. Crzykdsmom on March 3, 2016 9:31 pm

Grannykat,
    Doing okay. Some occassional pain but not much. I have been behaving since Monday. Going tomorrow to have the stitches removed. Had to go to the doctor with my 94 year old grandmother today. THAT was a challenge! Hoping tomorrow I get good news and maybe I’ll be allowed to drive! HAHAHA!! Hope you haven’t had any more falls!