208

Brokenbride’s AchillesBlog

Friends

I’m very lucky to have lots of good friends. They’re smart, talented, funny and have been very supportive during my ATR recovery. An hour ago my friend Leah dropped off some spikes for the bottom of my shoe and cast. She uses these little spikes for running in the winter and thought they would help [...]

I’m very lucky to have lots of good friends. They’re smart, talented, funny and have been very supportive during my ATR recovery. An hour ago my friend Leah dropped off some spikes for the bottom of my shoe and cast. She uses these little spikes for running in the winter and thought they would help me. How thoughtful and sweet of her.

I can tell which friends have had leg injuries in the past - they are the first ones to offer up a rides. Some obvious insight there.

The other night I was having drinks with some friends at our favorite pub. Rich, tried to pay me a nice compliment but of course it got totally distorted.

Rich: “Of all the girls I know, I’m glad it was you who ruptured her Achilles days before her wedding. Most would turn into Bridezilla and start tearing down building with their bare hands. You have a good sense of humor and can handle this.”

Noel (being a smart ass): “Yes, I too am GLAD this happened to Keli.”

Mags: “Yes, I’m so GLAD this happened to Keli”

Potter: “It’s good this happened TO Keli.”

Rich (raising his beer glass to toast): “Here’s to Keli rupturing her Achilles tendon.”

They all laughed, toasted and drank. I take back what I wrote earlier, my friends are total assholes.

15 Responses

You can follow the comments for this article with the RSS 2.0 feed.

LOL!

But it’s good to have assholes as friends who care about you that much :cheers

BTW if you don’t mind me asking, did they pay your drink tab?

1 kkirk November 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Prost! You’ve got the greatest friends. I love their sense of humor & your attitude. I’ll buy a round if you ever get out to Bean City.

Blessings & a prayer for quick healing.

Scott (aka Skutr)

2 Skutr November 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks guys.

No free drinks. I’ll even take this opportunity to whine about the lack of sympathy I’ve received in the monetary form. No free coffee from the coffee shop I visit everyday. No sympathy from the Bridal Centre when I had to get my dress shortened due to the cast - just another $300 hem charge. And an invoice in the mail from my gym charging me for the session when I ruptured my Achilles. Ouch, that one hurts more than the injury.

And thanks Scott - love Boston. In fact wearing my Red Sox t-shirt tonight. I briefly cheered on the Bruins - not because I’m a real fan but I had to cheer against the Canucks.

Keli

3 brokenbride November 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Design the landing pages with the main lake that decide for myassignmenthelp review. Try to do work like as you are doing for your Friends. Discuss the educational stuff in it.

4 Cameron November 05, 2019 5:39 am

love with the Friends is different when you calculate with the other person. spouse, you have love with the shoes you always try to use with the daily routine.football games download for pc

5 Noah December 22, 2019 9:26 am

we play a game of football every Sunday morning. and the team that wins is also rewarded. I have uploaded pictures of my all matches on this site. WORX WG505 vs. WG509 Blower

6 Emma89 January 01, 2020 8:55 am

You are lucky to the talented friends to go here and manage the arrangement of the wedding of her friend. You are first to doing it on the right path.

7 Lucas January 25, 2020 4:17 pm

A good uniform is very important to play and they are giving you people and that’s a good thing. I also want to buy this uniform for my match. standard deviation calculator

8 David90 January 29, 2020 7:46 am

it is one of the best tool ever and helped me a lot. also like

Scientific Notation Converter

9 Scientific Notation Converter February 26, 2020 6:34 am

it was a nice post. also like one of our best music player

Mp3 Rocket 7.4.1 Pro

10 kake khan March 05, 2020 1:24 am

While writing an illustrative or exemplification paper, students should cite appropriate examples in order to make their argument strong and support the already mentioned statements as well as a thesis statement. The exemplification topics in writings may be extremely helpful issue.

11 Livvia Campbel March 06, 2020 4:18 am

it is one of the great site to know the full information and biography of the
50 most popular woman

12 majabena March 12, 2020 1:39 am

Life becomes happy with a friend. I have also many friends and I would like to spend my time with my friends. clash of lights apk

13 walim88 March 20, 2020 2:56 pm

I am very luck that I have a lot of friends. here you can visit this site. and see all my friends. hope you like my friends.

14 tyabb88 March 21, 2020 4:53 am

Happiness comes in our life with friends. every plane makes with a friend every moment comes to happy with friends. what are the best outdoor basketball shoes

15 Friend March 21, 2020 4:55 am