181

Brokenbride’s AchillesBlog

Embracing the Rupture

A couple days after the rupture we explored the idea of postponing the wedding for a few weeks. But with Holiday season coming, several of our wedding suppliers were already booked for Christmas parties. So we had no choice but to move forward and somehow embrace the Achilles rupture as [...]

crutcheslo
A couple days after the rupture we explored the idea of postponing the wedding for a few weeks. But with Holiday season coming, several of our wedding suppliers were already booked for Christmas parties. So we had no choice but to move forward and somehow embrace the Achilles rupture as much as possible. Paul’s awesome little niece made us a new cake topper. The bride has crutches and a cast and I like how the groom is leaning on her (maybe he had to much to drink). I suggested we call our signature cocktail "Achilles Raspberry Rupture" but my friends all cringed when I said it. So we just had an "Achilles Heel Punch". My crutches were wrapped in white hockey tape and the florist hung orchids from them. The cast became a guest book and my artistic friends did some very cool drawings¬† (although we had to black out a penis someone drew - juvenile artistic friends). After several hours of photos, a one hour mass, a receiving line and two dances (more like a one leg sway) my body was starting to feel fatigued. Thankfully we brought my knee scooter to the reception. The scooter has an after market drink holder and basket to hold my bouquet. I was able to cover a lot of ground on my scooter.
I guess in a lot of ways having a ‘brokenbride’ wedding made it that much more original.topper
castsigning

7 Responses

You can follow the comments for this article with the RSS 2.0 feed.

Delightful!

You changed your page’s “theme” recently, no? Some of them seem to behave better than others, when faced with widgets and the like, so maybe also with photos?? Just a guess — I’ve stuck to words (and lots of ‘em!).

1 normofthenorth October 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Ahh lovely story BB.I have some pretty whacky photos from when I had a knee scooter but none will be as cool as yours! ;)

2 Ali October 30, 2012 2:10 am

Love it! The stories and the new theme!

3 kkirk October 30, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Norm, I changed the theme as an attempt to fix my photo issues. No luck. I also tried deleting the widgets and that didn’t work either. I’m on my fourth computer and still having the same problem. I’ll post pictures on Wordpress. I’d completely switch to Wordpress but like the community on Achillesblog.

Thanks, Keli

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

4 brokenbride October 30, 2012 11:06 am

Great story. I love all the great ideas you had to make the injury work for you. Nice name for the punch. I will check out your pictures.

5 cgdh13 October 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Keli, you may have already seen it, but one set of photo instructions that worked was posted (LONG ago) by a young Japanese woman, login = chocolata (IIRC).

Alternatively, posting links here to online photos somewhere else is a resonable work-around. Wordpress or a (free) photo site like Webshots, etc.

6 normofthenorth November 02, 2012 3:55 pm

What an inspirational article is that one. Here they told us how they got injured and how they do physical exercises and recover from injury in limited time. You need to check academized reviews services to learn more new tips. This is a source of motivation for all of us to not lose hope.

7 Colleen September 18, 2019 12:37 am