Dec
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by bobbie24 on 17-12-2015

8 weeks post surgery
I attended my 8 weekly appt with surgeon and am happy to say he was so pleased with
progress that he said I could go back to two shoes & start physio rehab as soon as possible.
Impressed that I don’t get over confident, just continue with exercises, no running, jumping,
squatting or picking up heavy things that would strain lower leg and ankle. Must be very careful on inclines and going up hill just avoid for a few more weeks. Extra careful on stairs using rails and putting flat foot down not toes or heel & this stage.
Can do exercises in pool or spa, avoid uneven surfaces until more rehab and strength improves. Massage & stretch scar tissue important
No wedges however best to get inserts for flat shoes, small heels fine but keep away from high heels altogether. All very logical really.
Walking with mild limp due to a little stiffness but otherwise not too bad.
Very happy to be out of boot as we are in the Middle of heat wave here in Adelaide, hopefully you are safe in Sydney. No doubt I will probably boot it when outside for a bit longer just to be safe
but have to say, pretty happy.

Hope all are progressing well, inch by inch it keeps getting better

Comments

bobbie24 on 17 December, 2015 at 9:33 PM #

8 weeks post surgery
Walking with mild limp due to a little stiffness but otherwise not too bad.
but have to say, pretty happy.

Hope all are progressing well, inch by inch it keeps getting better

bobbie24 on 21 December, 2015 at 9:38 AM #

Wow! All I can say is what a difference the day made. Naturally physio appointment #1, didn’t really know what to expect
Outside of getting some new exercises. She did confirm my suspicion that my toes took a bit of a hit in the accident however not too much to worry about, just a lot of bad bruising combines with stiffness due to 8 weeks of immobilisation.
She checked the incision scar, which by the way she was very impressed with the way it had healed so well but did say needed to be massaged out to get rid if scar tissue adhesions underneath.
So she ran me through some new exercises which help improve range of motion, toe to heel then heel to toe exercise technique, what I can due in spa hydro movements, how to use the yellow band for gentle strengthening, what I can do
and what I must avoid for the next few weeks.
Then she massaged out all the stuff tight areas in my ankle, toes & calf and then really massaged up and down the incision scar. What a difference it made to movement & relieved a lot of the tightness behind the wound. Walked 100% better post the visit.
She showed me how to massage over this area myself to continue free up any scar adhesions.
Really made a huge difference and there was very little swelling at the end of the day and barely any soreness.
I’m so impressed with how much this improved how everything felt post massage.
I don’t go back until 6 th January but I have my game plan until then.
Can’t believe the difference it made in just one visit.
She was very pleased with what range of movement I already have given only 8 and a half weeks post. Said the aim now is to work on range of movement over the next few weeks, then on building more on the strengthening. The aim within the next 4-6 weeks is to achieve single leg heel raises and there is a process to get there safely. Fingers crossed.

mariec on 22 December, 2015 at 6:35 PM #

Sounds like you are making excellent progress - congratulations!!

bobbie24 on 22 December, 2015 at 7:47 PM #

Thanks Marie’s, yes I’m feeling really happy with the progress and that I’m into the rehab stage, naturally I’m taking it easy and only doing as much as the PT said I could until next visit, but have to say the foot and ankle is doing really well. If I walk slowly there is virtually no limp, if I walk at normal pace just a bit of a limp but the walk is looking more & more like normal. No pain just very aware of the Achilles connecting. I can see there is light at the end of the tunnel. Must say I expected it to be a lot harder than it actually is and expected more discomfort, so coming into Christmas I’m feeling pretty happy & just love the new level of freedom, especially now I can drive again. Love this site and everyone’s support, it has made the journey so much more bearable
Thank you & everyone else and wishing you a very relaxing holiday season Robyn

bobbie24 on 22 December, 2015 at 7:50 PM #

Sorry mariec I have searched for you blog but can’t find it, was going to have a look at your journey so hope that whatever stage you are at you are tracking well also, cheers

beanie on 22 December, 2015 at 9:14 PM #

Yay Robyn, I’m so happy to hear that things are progressing so well for you and that your physio really helped too! Have a fantastic festive season and happy healing!

bobbie24 on 23 December, 2015 at 2:57 AM #

Hello Beanie, right make at you, you’re doing really well too, were heading towards the home straight, how good is that feels like coming out of the cloud and into the sunlight
Merry Christmas look forward to progress updates in the new year. Yay all the very best

Online College Writing Services on 19 November, 2019 at 7:46 AM #

A Custom Writing Company should offer legitimate College Research Paper Services, Cheap Custom Research Paper Services and high quality Custom College Paper Services.