This is more of a “The Glass is Half Full” list, but it’s true. Let’s look on the bright side:
- Your upper body will get stronger from using the crutch
- Your healthy leg will get stronger from the hopping around
- You’ll gain even more appreciation for your family and friends, if you are blessed with having good people around you.
- If this is your first major injury, then this will be a major learning experience all around.
- Depending on where you live, you can qualify for a temporary diability parking permit. In NY state, you can get it for up to 6 months with a medical certification (You just ask your doctor to fill out part of a form MV-664.1 from the DMV).
- If you use your recovery time wisely, you’ll get things done that you’ve been meaning to do.
- Hopefully, you’ve gained even more appreciation for the importance of good health, and you will take care of your body: diligent rehab, regular exercise, stretching and warming up properly before exercises, being in shape, eating healthy.
To sign up for your own AchillesBlog, go to: Sign up
For more information on Achilles Tendon Rupture, go to: http://achillesblog.com
My Achillesblog is: http://achillesblog.com/dennis