Here are some helpful information for taking care of yourself during the recovery process (and beyond). They may be obvious, but it helps me to be reminded of it.
- A healthy diet
- Cut out things that are bad for you (Luckily I never smoked, and I don’t drink heavily.)
- Positive Thinking!
- Surround yourself with people who care about you.
- Get a good amount of sleep every day.
- Lower your stress levels.
- With your doctor’s consent, start exercising. Upper-body workouts especially.
- Get to your ideal body weight (Yes, harder said than done)
- Dietary supplements (multi vitamins, chondroitin ?, glucosamine ?)